•S1 E1: Rise of the Snakes (1)•

Sensei Wu focused on his breathing as he meditated. In, out. In out. A simple pattern. Yet all life depended on  that simple cycle. Breathing. A vision slowly came to life in front of him. In, out, in, out-

"Fire strike! Oh my gosh, is that the greatest move you've ever seen?"

Wu exhaled lightly, not yet opening his eyes. The small vision he had created wavered a little, but soon steadied. The cycle had yet to be broken. In, out, in, out-

"Stop trying to do it yourself. We need to attack as a team."

Giving up, Wu opened his eyes and stood up. He could faintly hear combat noises from a different room. With the tiniest spark of hope, he maneuvered to the training compound. Perhaps they are finally training again.

All the equipment still lay there, untouched and unused. Wu sighed. Disappointing, yet not surprising.

"Zane, why are you wasting your special attack on me? You have to save it."

Ah. Of course. Wu sighed again, walking to a different room. The combat noises grew louder as he walked on.

Within the room was a television, four controllers, and a few pieces of garbage. Pizza boxes were scattered loosely around four glowing golden weapons. The screen was alight with colors, flickering on and off of the screen. Before the Sensei were four men-red, black, white, and blue. They were all very enveloped with the game, moving all around and bumping into each other.

"Fantastic! I'm out of lives!"

"But the lesson lives on, and I am getting the hang of it. Hee-YAH!"

Wu rubbed his temples. Sneaking behind the men, he watched them as they didn't break eye contact with the screen. He dashed across, almost impressed by how they didn't even see him.

"OK. Now!" The black one exclaimed, punching the buttons hard.

The figures attacked the large golem on screen, watching its health slowly decrease-and the screen went black.

The ninja erupted into cries of complaint as Wu waved the now unplugged cord in front of them.

"Aw man!"
"What? What happened?"
"It took us three hours to get there."
"Why would you do that?! Why?!"

"Just because Lord Garmadon escaped through a vortex," Wu firmly stated, "Doesn't mean he won't return one day for the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu!"

"But Sensei Wu," The white ninja, Zane, cut in, "Ever since he's been gone, Ninjago has had nothing but peace."

"Yeah," the blue ninja, Jay, shrugged. "Peace is boring. There's no one to save. There's nothing to do."

The ninja in black, Cole, lie down on the floor with his hands behind his head. "We can train tomorrow," he yawned.

Wu mentally sighed, and gave his students a near disappointed look. "Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today."

Cole smirked, picking up a piece of pizza near his head. "Well, I was gonna eat this pizza tomorrow. So if that's the case..."

Cole lifted the delicious slice to his mouth-only to have Wu kick it away lighting fast. The slice of delicious comfort skidded out of the door as Cole watched. "No pizza for you," Wu scolded.

The elder spun back to beside the television, saying, "In order to reach your full potential, you must train!" Please, my students. It's the only way that you'll be prepared.

The red ninja, Kai, finally spoke up. "Uh... remember when we did a little thing called the Tornado of Creation?" He smirked, flexing his arm. "I thought that was pretty insane."