•S2 E6: Wrong Place, Wrong Time (1)•

"Your new body is a fighting instrument," Wu lectured as you and Lloyd sat back to back. You could feel the presence of the ninja surrounding you and the itch of the Grey Ninja gi on your skin. It still felt so out of place though it finally fit.

    That's because you don't belong in it.

    Sh, (N/N). We're training.

    It'd been a while since the voice — (N/N), taking an affectionate nickname from your childhood — had finally introduced themself. Though they kept their appearance vague, you had a feeling it had something to do with your father and the sudden age parkour. (N/N) would occasionally give you dark advice that you ignored. They also chimed in from time to time to give you some pessimistic piece of their mind, though sometimes they could be surprisingly helpful. For example, they had a sense of intuition that you hadn't even seen in Uncle Wu.

    Speaking of intuition, Cole.

    Instinctively, your legs moved in a wobbly arc and kicked Cole's scythe away from your head. Lloyd caught Jay's nunchucks moments before they struck you, tossing him over your shoulder. You scowled at the cocky smirk-sound that came from (N/N), who thought their input was so important. You couldn't even get away from them. They literally ran inside of your blood. Lovely.

    We talked about this.

    Sh, (Y/N). We're training.

    You heard the sharp, clean sound of Zane's shurikens, and you used your turning velocity to spin both you and Lloyd into the air. The shurikens lodged themselves in something with a heavy thunk, and you heard Nya grumble followed by a nindroid gasp. You could understand that. Nya was fun, but boy could she be scary.

    "Since they've grown, they're learning faster, Sensei," Nya chirped, and you saw that she was holding a watermelon.

"But will it be enough to challenge Lord Garmadon?" Wu wondered grievously. "Only time will tell."

Of course not.

Before you could think up a snappy response, the crisp sound of a katana being pulled from its sheath caught your attention. Lloyd must have caught it first, though, and he whirled around to catch the blade. An orb of energy formed between his hands, but Kai soon overwhelmed his strength and sent him to the wood.

Moments before Kai could "kill" Lloyd, you blasted him backwards into the wall. He recovered, but you were already in front of him and holding the blade of his sword as he tried to bend you to the ground. The most resilient part of you paired up with your stubbornness, and you dared to create a small film of white energy on your hands. Slowly, the katana disintegrated between your fingers — but the blinding light grew larger and larger. In a panicked attempt to put it out before things got too out of hand, you turned it into a bubble and let it burst. The force threw both you and the red ninja across the room.

"Ugh," Kai sighed, staring despondently at his sword. Only a hilt remained. "That was the fourth one this week, (Y/N). You really need to control that."

You stared at the wall angrily, crossing your arms childishly as you sunk further down. "Maybe if I'd learned how to control that when I was younger, I wouldn't have a problem with it now."

"We cannot change the past," Uncle Wu said, "but we can improve for the future. Again. And this time, Lloyd, do not hold back. (Y/N), focus on the moment."

    After long and rigorous training (and more unnecessary comments from (N/N)), you were glad to relax on the deck of the Bounty as you waited for Zane's Falcon to return. A sharp cry travelled through the skies, and you got to your feet. The Falcon landed elegantly on Zane's arm, whose face furrowed.