•S2 E2: Pirates vs. Ninja (2)•

While Lloyd trained with Jay on a stack of poles, you practiced your reactive agility with Zane. He would throw punches at you without any sort of warning, and it would be up to you to dodge them. "You're getting better, (Y/N)," the nindroid complimented before adding, "but you need to do more than just dodge. If you can find a way to use your enemy's strength against them, you can get the upper hand in any battle."

    You only hummed in response, trying not to get distracted by Cole stacking boards on a table. "When you strike with your fists, concentrate," he said to both you and Lloyd. "You guys may be small, but you're strong."

    Zane gestured to the planks, and you obliged. Lloyd got there before you, standing in front of the boards and closing his eyes. You stood a little bit behind him, arms folded comfortably. Your twin leapt into the air and came down on the boards, hard.

    The boards split—and the ground with them.

    Including the ground beneath your feet.

    You almost screamed, but you held up your arms as if to grab onto something. To your surprise, your fingers closed around something that felt like a pole. It was ice cold, but it felt almost natural in your hands. Gripping to it with all your might, you tried to pull yourself up and failed miserably.

    "...That was the power of the Staff of Quakes," Jay marvelled after a few moments had passed. Kai was already speeding over to help you up. "And you did it without the Golden Weapon!"

    "(Y/N) just generated... something that I've never seen before," Kai said slowly as his hand brushed against the pole that came out of nowhere. With a mighty tug, he pulled you onto the floor again. Now that you were safely out, you saw that the pole was—ah, it was gone. You waved your hand where it used to be, feeling a strange coolness radiate from the darkness of the crack. "And now it's not there anymore. They must have some sort of elemental power we've never heard of."

    "That must be why you have the potentials to be the greatest ninja," Zane praised, though you and Lloyd both were slightly uncomfortable with the abrupt discovery. "Lloyd can harness all of the elemental powers, and (Y/N) can harness elemental powers that no one's ever used!"

    If no one knows what they are, then that means they don't understand it. They can't teach me how to properly use them.

    "Really?" Lloyd piped up, hiding the tenseness in his voice. "Cool."

    "With these powers, you both must be careful," Your uncle warned. "You must control it before it controls you."

    And what if I want to let it control me?

    Stop.

    The rattling of beads snapped you out of your intense mind-whispers, and you saw Dareth sweep in. "I have to admit, not bad for a couple of kids." Two other children came from behind him, holding many more boards than you could count in a second. "But instead of ten boards," the 'sensei' said, "how about fifty? Stack 'em, boys."

    You sighed in sync with Wu, pinching the bridge of your nose.

    Dareth continued, "And perhaps if I, Grand Sensei Dareth, can break through them all, you will allow me to join your team and become... the Brown Ninja!"

    Jay sniggered. "The Brown Ninja? You gotta be joking."

    "Sorry, pal," Cole smiled, frightening back a snicker. "Club's already full."

    "OK, OK," Dareth said shamelessly. "Then maybe this demonstration of my superhuman strength may persuade you. Jeffy, Phil, are we ready?"

    The two little kids that looked almost about your age bowed and chimed, "Yes, Grand Sensei Dareth!"