•S2 E6: Wrong Place, Wrong Time (2)•

(A.N. Woo-hoo! Part 40! Wow! Didn't think we'd get this far but wow)

Silently, you and the other ninja had followed past Kai into the old dojo. Your heart sank at the sight, remembering how you'd helped the Serpentine burn it down. You'd never noticed how beautiful it was. Gripping the tile ever tighter and doing your best not to break down right there, you forced yourself to watch an unenthusiastic ninja-in-training punch a bag.

"You must harness the fire deep within you, Kai," past-Wu instructed past-Kai as the to-be red ninja got smacked by his own punching bag.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," he sighed, brushing the old man off.

Kai groaned, "Ugh, I'm worthless!"

"It's like you don't even want to be a ninja," Jay agreed, while you whispered 'mood' under your breath.

Haha. Maybe you wouldn't be so worthless if you just... went independent! Hey, there's so much we can change in the past here! If we stop Kai from ever becoming a ninja, we never get dragged into this! We never get put in danger, we never get insta-grow'ed, we—

No, thank you.

Though (N/N) put up a bit of a fuss and even tried to push you out of the "driver's seat," you resisted stubbornly and focused on the scene below. Cole's voice finally trickled into your brain, saying, "Even when Garmadon does something good, it's always evil!" He paused for a moment, waiting for you to defend your father. When you said nothing, the black ninja blinked in surprised before continuing, "Sensei ain't cutting the mustard. Guess it's up to us to get things back on track."

    "It's dangerous to get involved though, right?" You asked. "We could move one tiny pebble out of place and boom! Future destroyed."

    "That was before Garmadon altered the past and changed the future. Now we gotta clean up the mess."

    "He's right," Zane agreed. "The only way to save our future is for Kai to find his fire."

    "Well, if the nindroid says it's OK..." you said, trying to smile from under your hood as your brain-gears clacked into place. "Time to take a prisoner."

    Jay's mood shifted drastically. "You mean we have to—"

    "We have to kidnap Nya, yes," the ninja of ice sighed, "and deliver her into the hands of the Skeleton."

    Kai looked longingly at his sister. She looked so happy — well, maybe not happy. Content? Nya did always say that she loved being a Samurai. "If that's what it takes," the fire ninja agreed softly before his face brightened. "OK. But if it's all right with you guys, I've got an idea on how I could talk some sense into myself. (Y/N)... You're gonna love this."

    He leaned in, whispering his plan to all of you, and a grin crept onto your face. "Oh, Kai, I am so proud of you," you giggled, clapping as you pulled away. He just barely flushed, turning away with a smile. Tonight was gonna be fun.

:):

    While Kai was going and distracting past-Kai, you and the other ninja crept to Nya's room.

When you think about it, this is... extremely creepy.

Not as creepy as having a literal voice in your head apart from your conscious.

Touché.

"Can you make a bag?" Zane whispered, to which you hesitated before nodding. "Good. When we drop down, try to make a fairly sized bag. To... fit Nya in."