•S1 E8: Once Bitten, Twice Shy (2)•

In the bathroom, Jay stay curled up inside of a stall, trying to think of what to do. The door to the bathroom opened and the ninja heard the doorknob to his stall rattle. "I'm busssy, dude," Jay snapped, wincing at the hiss in his voice. "Can't you sssee it'ssss taken?" A beat of silence, footsteps, and the door opened and closed again. Jay was alone.

    "I can't go out there looking like thisss," he hissed to himself, looking over his hand. "Thisss isss the worssst date ever!"

    Back in the booth, Nya waited anxiously with you for her date to come back. She checked her band again and again, just waiting for a signal. You watched her carefully, resting your head on the table. Though you wanted to go out and ride some rides, you knew you had to wait for Jay and Nya to be finished.

    Kinda wish he'd hurry up doing whatever he's doing. What an idiot, getting himself bitten.

    On the Ghost Train ride, one of the passengers was having a particularly boring time. "Ha! Lame! This ride is stupid!" They passed by a few mechanical contraptions before seeing the snakes—actual snakes, specifically Pythor and Skales. "Heh, look how stupid this guy looks!"

    Some Venomari that were on watch decided to have a bit of fun and spat into the eyes of the passengers on the train. They all cried out as the venom took its horrible effect, leaving them screaming in fright as everything became much more terrifying than before. To the snakes, it was very entertaining. To the passengers, not so much.

    "Where is everybody?" Kai asked, walking around outside and looking for people—before lots of them came running out of the Ghost Train ride screaming.

    "Wait a minute," Cole objected, "That ride was never scary."

    Zane chalked it up to an answer, knowing that this is what they came for. "Venomari."

    "Should we get Jay?" The fire ninja asked.

    Cole snickered, "Let's not bother the two lovebirds. Besides, they're also on a babysitting job, remember? I think we can handle this."

    The ninja charged into the crowd, aiming for the Ghost Train.

    "Excuse us, we're coming through."
    "Nothing to look at, folks."
    "This is official ninja business."

    In the restaurant booth, even you were beginning to feel restless when Nya's bracelet lit up and portrayed a holo-map with red dot on it. She sighed, "Sorry, Jay. Duty calls. Think you can hold down the fort, (Y/N)?"

    You nodded, and she smiled as she ran off with her bag. Picking at some of the things on her burger, you waited for Jay to come back. Suddenly, you heard, "Ssshe left? Nya? (Y/N)?"

    "I'm here," you called, poking your head around the side of the booth. "Nya's—"

    "SNAKE!"

    The entire restaurant froze up at the man's cry, and everyone looked at Jay. Then everyone started to make an advance on the ninja, hitting him with foods and the such. You wanted to help him, but at the same time you knew that it'd just get you in deeper trouble.

    Sorry, Jay. You're alone on this one.

    Thankfully I can trust (Y/N), Nya thought to herself as she ran through an alleyway. Checking to see that nobody was watching, she put on the exo-suit through her helmet. Summoning the super armour, she jumped in and went to track down some snakes.

:):

    Skales grunted as he dug up the dirt, focusing on the future instead of the hard labour he was going through now. It seemed like he was going to be doing this forever until his shovel hit something other than dirt—something metallic.