•S1 E4: Never Trust a Snake (1)•

"Wake up, Zane. I know where you come from."

Zane awoke with a start, banging his head on the bunk above him. Letting out a short grunt of pain, the ninja of ice rolled out of bed in time to hear the Falcon cry out. Rubbing the back of his head, he made his way to the window. Sure enough, the Falcon was flying tranquilly on ahead as if he was waiting for Zane.

Smiling, the white ninja made his way to the bridge. "The hunt starts early today," he hummed.

Wu, who was studying a map, remarked, "A watchful eye never sleeps."

Nya, who was also there, said, "As long as Lloyd, (Y/N), and the Serpentine roam freely, no one in Ninjago is safe."

The white ninja felt a mild chill run up his spine at the mention fo (Y/N)'s name. It was almost as if their very name could cause a storm. "Where are the others?"

"Training on the upper deck," Wu responded, going back to the map.

Zane nodded, going up to said deck. But when the door opened, there was no ninja to be seen. As he walked out onto the planks, confused, the Falcon cried out again. He looked up to see the bird, smiling, "You were in my dream, little friend. Last time I saw you, you led me to good fortune. What reason have you returned?"

The Falcon only cried out again, flying off of the top of the mast and into the clouds. Zane followed it to the side of the ship, more confused than ever. As he looked over the side to try and see his friend again, he didn't hear the man coming up behind him. Or at least, that's what the latter thought.

"Lord Garmadon," the white ninja said, turning to face the villain that had plagued Ninjago for many years. "But you were banished!"

"Only to return for the weapons of Spinjitzu," he replied smoothly, taking two katanas out of seemingly nowhere. "Soon, I will have the power to recreate Ninjago... in my own image."

As the master swung at the student, Zane managed to flip over him. Taking his golden weapon, he held them threateningly in his hands. The villain only chuckled, "Give me your Shurikens of Ice."

But the ninja of ice wouldn't give them up just by being intimidated. "You'll have to take them from me." Spinning himself into a tornado, the white ninja prepared to knock Lord Garmadon off the ship—only to be caught by the chest and thrown across the deck.

"So be it," the attacker muttered, watching the Shurikens fly across the wood. That only left one more obstacle. Cutting a fortunately placed rope, Lord Garmadon sent a fairly large crate plummeting down onto the helpless ninja. Zane reached out a hand, unable to stop the falling crate...

...Until the crate stopped above him. Looking up in surprise, he saw a ninja fully dressed in green lifting the crate with incredible strength. They threw the crate off the ship as Zane whispered, "The Green Ninja. The legend's true!"

Lord Garmadon bared his katanas furiously, facing the Green Ninja. The two leapt at each other, a blur of blades and fists. "But if the Green Ninja's here, doesn't that mean—"

The legendary ninja was knocked down to the ground just as Zane felt a darker presence behind him. Before anyone had time to react, a blade made of nothing but grey light knocked the katanas out of the villain's hands. A hand clad in near black shot out of the darkness, immediately disintegrating the weapon into dust on contact.

The Green Ninja's eyes seemed to brighten a little as another ninja leapt over Lord Garmadon, grabbing their partner along the way. The uniform of multiple shades of grey and the covered right eye gave them away. Zane could do nothing but stare in awe. "The Grey Ninja."