•S1 E12: Rise of the Great Devourer (2)•

(A.N. Apologies, again, for a very late upload. Life's been very strange and cruel, and everyone is stupid. Life sucks. Bleh.)

    The snake train continued on its path, tail wagging behind it like a giant whip. Every time one of the ninja came close, it would thrash its tail as if to cut them in half. "How're we supposed to get close to that thing?" Kai called to Wu as Cole dodged the tail's attacks every second. To make matters worse, sides of the train opened up and out came two gun stations, the Serpentine within very eager to shoot the ninja down. Jay and Nya dodged like crazy, weaving between rocks as they went. As if things couldn't get any worse, two snake cars came from nowhere and began to pursue the ninja from behind. "Bring it on," Kai grumbled, drawing his Sword. He easily took out one of the Serpentine, but the other just jumped onto Kai's bike and tried to take him down. The fire ninja pulled on the breaks, and the snake went flying.

Nya and Sensei Wu weren't faring very well, dodging the tail and the bullets. The tail even landed a hit, and they almost went crashing into some rocks. Two more snake cars zoomed out of the bus to take them down. "We've got company," Nya shouted as the cars drew closer. "Sensei!"

    Wu, who was drinking tea, suddenly noticed the situation. Putting down his tea set, he said, "Let me see." Two control handles came up, and he threw an explosive disk at the cars. They went flying off road, and Wu chuckled to himself. "Oh, this is fun."

    Meanwhile, on the Bounty, you and Lloyd tried to steer the ship in the direction that you wanted it to go. "No, no! Go left! The—The other left," you said, trying to stop the ship from crashing into the many spiky rocks. Then again, it did look hard to drive. The ship almost seemed to have a mind of its own. Anything but gracefully dodging around the tall rocks, you wondered how the ninja were faring. Better than you were, hopefully.

    They were, actually, but barely. Cole simply threw whatever Serpentine tried to get onto his vehicle off and onto the road. "If we have any chance at getting on that truck, we need to work together."

    "I've got an idea," Nya said over her PA. "Jay, follow me. Zane, try to get in close and cool him off.

    As the two sky bound vehicles distracted the guns and the tail, the ice ninja accelerated and called, "OK, I'm going in." Skillfully dodging the tail's whip, Zane Spinjitu'd up onto the train and knocked off the two snakes keeping guard. Freezing the train car's link he waved, "Goodbye." With a tap of his foot, the caboose was loosed and fell behind.

    With the biggest problem removed, Jay cheered, "All right! Nice one, Zane. Now let's board that truck.

    The two snakes in charge noticed the caboose was missing, and Skales hissed, "We're running out of time. If the ninja sssstop usss from getting to the cccity of Ouroborosss, we may never awaken the Great Devourer."

    "Don't lecture me," Pythor snapped before turning to the driver. "Faster!"

    "I can't," the driver stammered nervously, "If we drive any faster, the engine could explode!"

    "Fine," Pythor sniffed, "I'll do it. Get out."

    "Now?"

    "Now."

    With that, the man was kicked out of his own truck and Pythor took the wheel. "Don't let them reach the front," he ordered Skales.

    "I persssonally sssee to it mysssself," the Hypnobrai general grinned. As he slithered back, Pythor put his tail on the acceleration pedal. Smoke slowly began to rise from the front of the truck, but he didn't see it. All he saw was the rising needle of speed.