•S2 E3: Double Trouble (1)•

(A.N. I'd just like to thank most of you for being so patient with me. Really thankful for that. Sorry that I'm such a lazy writer smh)

    Narrowing your eyes at the lightbulb in your hands, you pushed and pushed to make it glow.

    Using your mildly impressive analytical skills, you found out over the course of the last few days that most of your power stemmed from light and darkness. No one really understood how it truly worked, though. So you were left to drag yourself along alone as you tried to figure it all out.

    Lloyd wasn't faring much better than you, his lightbulb just barely flickering in his hands. "Focus, guys," Jay instructed, walking around to mark your progress. "Control the power inside you. When you feel a surge welling up, harness it."

    You and your twin nodded in sync, focusing in on your lightbulbs. Lloyd's flickered even more, growing brighter and brighter...

    The lightbulb exploded in his hands and he stomped his foot, fuming, "Stupid lightbulb!"

    Frowning, you garbled at your lightbulb and squeezed your eyes shut. Why can't I light up something as tiny as a lightbulb!?

    What is wrong with me!?

    "Whoa, whoa, whoa," Kai exclaimed, and you opened your eyes. Your hands felt cold. "You're supposed to light the lightbulb, not put it out."

    The lightbulb in your hands was swirling with a dark, murky mist that seemed to suck in all light around it. Tempted to drop it, you only stood there looking at it with a mildly confused and slightly terrified expression.

    "You're putting too much pressure on us," Lloyd snapped defensively. "Let us have one more try."

    "Sorry, Lloyd," Kai tsked, "that was the last of the lightbulbs."

    Your eyes drifted to the pile of glass beneath you, each one with a different effect within. Somehow, the things that you did to the lightbulbs were always different. One was filled with dense, hard rocks; one had its glass frosting over from a bright, unknown chemical; one had crystals stemming out onto the floor. Most of them were different shades of grey, if not black.

    "Clean up, guys," Cold chirped as if nothing had even happened. "We'll continue training tomorrow." Your twin angrily snatched up the broom and started beating a punching bag with it while you stared at the rapidly crystallizing bulb. You wondered how you would pick it up without it spreading onto your arm.

    As you gingerly tried picking up a bulb with a beam of light, you heard Jay sigh, "What am I doing wrong, Sensei Wu? We can't seem to teach them to control their powers. Or even understand (Y/N)'s at all."

    "Patience, Jay," hummed the calm voice of your uncle. "Sometimes the greatest opponent we face is ourselves. And that's especially true of Lloyd. It's hard to read (Y/N) when they don't want to be read, but I'm sure that they only internalize their pain. Remember where they came from. They're the children of Lord Garmadon. It's going to take time for them to embrace the light."

    That sounds awfully accusing.

    I'm sure he's not accusing me of anything, though.

    Are you sure?

    You leaned back, almost dropping your armful of lightbulbs. It almost sounded like there was someone right over your shoulder, talking straight into your ear. You couldn't help but look over your shoulder, almost expecting to see someone or something just standing there with a numb look on their face. Shuddering, you realized it was the first time your thoughts had... responded to each other. Or, at least, the first time you noticed.