•S2 E2: Pirates vs. Ninja (1)•

(Two hundred years ago...)

A great ship soared through the seas, a dragon leading her on through the rough but beautiful crests of waves. 'We have spent months searching for this fabled Island of Darkness,' Captain Soto wrote in his journal, handwriting adapted to write straight in even the toughest of storms. 'But all my eyes have seen is ocean. I fear my crew has given up, but I hold out hope that it exists. Captain Soto.'

He closed the journal with a hooked hand, locking it away in a secret compartment in his desk. Captain Soto walked out onto the desk to see some of his crew playing instruments on deck. "This is no time for fooling around," he chided, "Who's steering the ship?"

"Don't worry, Captain," one of the crew members said, knocking a bottle off of the barrel his was leaning on. "No-Eye'd Pete is behind the wheel."

"No," Captain Soto growled, "Not No-Eyed Pete!?" He looked up with dread, seeing the double eye-patched mate being unsuccessfully guided by the parrot on his shoulder.

As the ship travelled precariously through the ocean, one of the crew members spotted a large pillar of rock. "The Island of Darkness?" He gasped, squinting through the thick fog.

Captain Soto took the wheel into his own hands, shouting angrily, "No, you fool! He's steered us back into Ninjago! All hands on deck!" The crew scurried around the deck like mice in a cage, not knowing what to do. "Brace for impact!" Soto cried as his ship plowed towards a rock. She smashed into the pillar, the impact sending her reeling over. The pirates were drowned within minutes, and ship fell to the ocean's merciless waves.

They were gone, never to be seen again.

:):

You took a long drink of (F/D) as you watched Lloyd punch and kick Kai's oven mitts. "Good, keep it up," the fire ninja said, holding steady against your older twin's attacks. He was dressed in his Green Ninja gi, fully ready to embrace the future even before it was ready. You were fine taking it at your own pace, staying in your comfy (F/C) hoodie as you fought. The thing was very tenacious through the years.

"Fists of fury!" Lloyd cheered, punching a little faster. "You can't even see 'em move, I'm so fast! Ha!"

"Save the gloating," Kai warned, "It can only be used against you by your enemy."

"I can see them moving just fine from here," you giggled from across the room. He narrowed his eyes at you.

"Oh yeah, (Y/N)?" He said cockily, stepping away from Kai. "Then why don't you show me how it's done?"

"With pleasure," You said, grinning widely at him as you passed. He punched you in the arm, and you laughed again. You took your place in front of Kai before letting loose a few heavy, rapid punches against the gloves.

"Good job," he nodded, "but you have to learn how to hit faster. You're concentrating too much on your strength and not enough on your speed. Letting your guard down for even a moment can let the enemy in. I think another thing hindering your speed would be your clothes. Your gi was made for combat, so it might be better if you change into that."

    "No thanks," you said as flatly as you could, shaking our your arms. "I'll stay in my hoodie, thank you." As nonchalant as it seemed, you felt a little more insecure with every indication of your destiny. The venom that had made your father what he was ran through you, too.