•S1 E2: Home (1)•

(Y/N). (Y/N) Garmadon.

"My turn! Uh, it's my turn!"

Can you hear me, little one? Can my thoughts break through yours?

"Oh, you want a little more? Take this!"

G e t o u t , o l d m a n.

Wu's eyes snapped open. With a deep sigh, he got to his feet. Incense filled the room, attempting to aid his meditation. The elder took a strange instrument from the stand in front of him and locked it away, behind two metal doors. It appears my worst fears have been confirmed. I wonder what their father will think...

"Yeah? How about a little of this?"

"Monkey paw to the head!"

"Ninja roll!"

Wu prepared himself for disappointment as he slid open the paper doors of the video game room-but gasped in pleasant surprise as he saw no one. In fact, it even looked clean for once. His chest swelled with pride.

"Dragon punch!"

The sensei made his way to the training grounds and opened the door, smiling. Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane were all outside, finally doing what they should have done before.

Three of the four ninja were leaping from obstacle to obstacle, using their golden weapons. Jay whacked flying arrows from the air, Cole knocked down dummy after dummy with his Scythe, and Kai practiced controlling his Spinjitzu. Zane, however, was meditating among the chaos.

Suddenly, the white ninja jumped up and between Jay and the arrows, miraculously not getting hit. Jay lowered his weapon in shock as Zane continued, snatching the Scythe from Cole's hands and slicing down a dummy. He then spun himself into a storm, whirling around and costing every surface with a layer of solid ice. Kai slipped out of his Spinjitzu and collapsed to the floor.

The fire ninja got up and angrily walked over to the other two ninja, saying, "This roof isn't big enough for the four of us."

"Correction," Cole said, exasperated. "This roof isn't big enough for him."

"It's like he's in his own world," Jay agreed as Zane finally stopped spinning. "I bet he can't even hear us!"

Wu walked to the ninja, watching Zane closely. "Sensei," Kai sighed, "Zane's... weird."

"What is weird?" The elder shot back. "Someone who is different, or someone who is different than you?"

"No, Sensei," Cole said, gesturing a little at the Ninja of Ice. "He's 'weird' weird. One time, I was doing my private business in the bathroom when he just... walked in and started combing his hair! While I was in there! Doing my stuff!"

"Yeah," Jay chimed in, "Nya, Zane and I were watching a movie, and it got to this really sad part. We were both crying, but Zane? He was laughing his head off? Who does that at a final goodbye!?"

Kai added, "Once, I got up to get something to eat early in the morning. Then, when I got to the fridge, Zane was sitting in the fridge! Eating a sandwich! IN THE FRIDGE! Then he told me that he ate all of the deli meat and if I wanted some cheese. But that's not the point! That ninja is weird. We like the guy. He's really smart. He's just..." the Ninja of Fire sighed, biting his cheek. "Off sometimes."

"Zane is a brother, and brothers are often different," Sensei Wu responded, folding his hands behind his back. "I should know." Is that then why (Y/N) is also different?