•S1 E6: The Snake King (1)•

The desert sun was hot and merciless as if beamed down upon Pythor and Skales. They were digging quite a large hole in the sand, the walls high and piles higher. Skales groaned, "We're wasssting our time, Pythor. There'sss nothing here but ssssand and dusssst."

"Keep digging," Pythor insisted, breathless. "The Lost City of Ouroboros is under us. I know it."

The Hypnobrai general scoffed irritably. "Oh, face it. Your firssst attempt to untie the tribessss failed, and now that you have lossst your flock, you've become desssperate."

As Skales put down his shovel, Pythor huffed angrily, "I am desperate, my disloyal number two, but only to bring our kind together so that we can unleash the Great Devourer."

"You put too much faith in legendssss," the blue snake hissed. "Besidesss, all the Sssserpentine know is to be at war with one another."

Pythor's shovel hit something hard under the dirt. He gasped, using his shovel to clear away more of the sand. A single stone circle with a grip inside of it appeared. He laughed, "Skales, I believe we've found it." Twisting the grip in the circle, the ground began to shake as sand swirled into cracks and nooks of ancient stone. Great structures rose from the desert, piecing the sky. The most phenomenal of all the structures was the giant snake statue that grew almost right in front of the pair. "I present to you," Pythor announced proudly, "The city formally known as the Lost City of Ouroboros."

:):

The Destiny's Bounty rose over the clouds, tranquilly soaring through the open air. Behind them, the mailman peddled a winged bike as hard and as fast as he possibly could without falling off. "Wait," he called breathlessly, "Slow down. I have a package for Sensei Wu."

The ninja didn't hear him as they were listening to you and Lloyd tell them your plan to destroy the snakes. "First, Lloyd'll stomp on his tail," you said, smashing a palm into your fist.

"Then, when he turns, (Y/N) will thunderclap his ears!"

"Then when he's stunned, we'll take his weapons," You finished nicely, grinning. The ninja looked like they were about to burst with either pride or laughter. Probably both.

Cole piped up, "Too late, he's already hypnotized Lloyd and now you're under his control."

"Or he's already put you in a squeeze," Zane chuckled.

"Or spit on you with his hallucinatory venom," Kai said, shuddering. "Trust me, bad stuff."

"Hmmm," you hummed, noticing your uncle walk in with a wrapped box in his hands. "Uncle Wu! How do you stun a Serpentine if you don't know if they're a Hypnobrai or a Fangpyre or a—"

"Sadly, it was the Sacred Flute you four carelessly lost," Wu answered before you could even finish your question. You huffed a little, irate at being cut off.

Jay waved his arms around in protest. "Hey, no, no, no, we didn't lose it. Pythor stole it."

Wu poured some tea into his teacup. "Whatever the case, without it I fear we have nothing to combat their powers. We may have prevented them from uniting in the past, but they will try again, and one day they will be stronger."

"Don't worry. I've almost reached my full potential," Cole proclaimed proudly. "And when I become one of those prophesied ninja, we're not gonna need any magic flute."

"You're gonna be one of them?" Kai scoffed pridefully. "Haha! Don't make me laugh."

"I thought it was decided that I was destined to be one of them," Zane said innocently.