•S1 E13: Day of the Great Devourer (1)•

(A.N. Guys, trust me. Whenever my inspiration decides to show up even for a few minutes I grab onto it and write for as long as I can stand it. I'll try to be better in the future, but there's no guarantee. Apologies again.)

It happened so fast and so abruptly, there was no way to stop it. The Great Devourer plunged towards the ground of Ouroboros, maw opened widely to consume its prey. The snake and the man were gone in a flash, as if they were never even there.

"Sensei," Kai gasped softly, not daring to believe it.

"No," Jay whimpered, staring up at the giant snake.

Thunder rumbled as the Great Devourer reared its ugly head with a mighty roar. It stared directly at the ninja, ready to take another few morsels. Barely moving, Jay whispered, "Uh, maybe if we stand perfectly still..."

The snake hissed. "RUN!" Kai cried, already turning. The ninja blazed towards the Destiny's Bounty, the Great Devourer still in heavy pursuit.

Jay tripped, almost falling victim to the giant snake's gaping jaw, before leaping to his feet and shouting, "WAIT!! Wait for me!!"

"Fire up the engines," Nya called to Lloyd, who was anxiously alternating between looking at your motionless body and the Great Devourer. Nya rushed from control to control, shouting, "I said, fire up the engines!"

Your twin snapped out of his haze, running to the control panel for power. Then he saw a bit of a problem. "There's no wind," he told Nya, "And we only have reserve fuel!"

"Use it!" Nya said, breathless with all of the stress and running.

Right then, the ninja burst through the door. They exchanged serious glances as Jay tumbled through the door, landing directly on you. You were jolted awake, though you groaned as you realized what a headache you had. "Uh, hate to tell you this," the blue ninja said sarcastically, "but objects in the mirror as closer than they appear."

Consume—Faster—Wood—Fire—Blue—White—Purple—

You tried to stand up, but your thoughts drowned out every command that you tried to give your body. Falling back onto the deck, you stared at the screen as your breathing accelerated. The Great Devourer only slithered faster. "Working on it," Nya replied, though it almost sounded like she was all the way across the deck. "Blasters on full!"

The Bounty shook a little before blasting off, sails lifting and engines pumping. The snake got closer and closer, biting at the tail of the flying ship—but just in time, the ninja blasted away.  "Woohoo!" Kai cheered, watching the Great Devourer grow smaller and smaller. "Take that, you stupid snake! Hey, uh, (Y/N)?" He crouched down to your level, where you had curled into a ball of (F/C) hoodie. "Are you doing OK?"

A roar ripped through the sky, and you pulled yourself closer into yourself.

Flying—Wood—Fire—Sail—Sand—Earth—

"Uh, I think it heard you," Jay said nervously as the Great Devourer rose suddenly from the sand. It took another go at the Bounty, but the ship once again managed to speed away in the nick of time.

"Nya, we gotta go faster," Kai warned. "That thing is gaining on us!"

"We're going as fast as we can!" Nya groaned, already trying to formulate another plan. "I'll try to make it to Scattered Canyon."

Zane ran a quick algorithm. "Probability of us making it that far is less than eight percent."

"Never tell me the odds!!" Nya cried, concentrating as hard as she could.