•S1 E7: Tick Tock (1)•

3/7/20 Now, on to the long chapter!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

3/7/20 Now, on to the long chapter!

:):

You anxiously peeked over the side of the Destiny's Bounty, waiting for Zane to resurface. The ticking of the timer in Kai's hand clicked loudly in your ears before he exclaimed, "Ten minutes! He just broke his own record! The guy's inhuman!"

Bubbles rose to the surface from beneath the water, and you started tapping your fingers against the railing. The ninja of ice had indeed disappeared beneath the water ten minutes ago, air bubbles the only proof that he was still under. Zane was deeply meditating beneath the waves, only opening his eyes to pet a fish that swam by. He eventually decided that it was enough and pushed himself from the ground and up through the surface.

You jumped a little when he broke through, gasping for air. "Amazing," Cole cheered with the others, you joining him once you had recovered from shock.

Jay threw himself playfully onto the ground. "We're not worthy!"

"I broke the record?" Zane asked.

You nodded. "Absolutely destroyed it."

"OK, OK," Jay snickered, "Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We've been training for so long, I don't think we can get any better. Just think about all we've accomplished."

Shrugging, you remarked, "Can't really think about that since I wasn't there." Jay rolled his eyes and ruffled your (H/L) (H/C) hair. "Hey!"

"The question should be raised," Zane piped up, "Perhaps we have reached our full potential?" He lead he team to the captain's quarters—Uncle Wu's quarters— saying, "Well, every morning I do five hundred pushups."

Kai swung the door open. "Five hundred? Ha, try a thousand."

"Ahaha, I do a thousand and one."

"What is this, amateur hour? Sounds like my warm-up," Cole laughed.

You suddenly realized that the aura around Wu was... solemn. Sad. "Uhm, guys?"

Cole ignored you for the time being, and you huffed. "Sensei, what does true potential look like if—"

They all suddenly realized how heavy his mood was. You shook your head, almost embarrassed by their apathy of the situation. "Our apologies, Sensei," Zane said quietly, bowing his head with his brothers. "We've interrupted you."

You nudged Cole's side, clearing your throat. He playfully rolled his eyes. Sensei Wu sighed, resting the parcel on the floor. "I'm sorry if I've been distant lately," he confessed, "My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing."

Inhaling deeply, you nodded. You felt like your mind was a mess since your brother had disappeared. There was a looming shadow over your mind of an unfamiliar emotion that had been there since you had been brought to the Destiny's Bounty. You felt like you could have done something, anything to help him get out of Ouroboros.