•S1 E9: The Royal Blacksmiths (2)•

The Ninjago Talent show came much sooner than you would have liked it to. You were sure that there were going to be lots of people, so many people out there in the crowd. Shivering a little, you were thankful that you could get out of performing.

    While the ninja were practicing their dance, you took a look at everyone else's roles. A group of people were doing their vocal warm ups, there was a girl juggling, and a boy was beatboxing. "Then kick ball change, barrel roll, barrel turn, and we all do the double wings—" Cole was trying to get everyone coordinated, but there was a heavy emphasis on trying.

    As the ninja tried to do the double wings, Jay and Kai bumped into each other and fell. "Ow! Dude, you gotta follow me," the blue ninja said.

    "Follow you?" Kai snorted. "You're two beats off."

    "Actaully, two-point-seven-two off of the beat," Zane chimed. "How do we look, (Y/N)?"

    "Terrible," you laughed, "Absolutely terrible."

    "Guys, guys," Cole called, tired already. "Let's not make this any harder than it needs to be. Just stick to the plan and keep up the charade until the trophy's revealed. Once we steal The Blade Cup, we can argue all we want once we get back home."

    "But this is your hometown, Cole," Jay argued, "Don't you wanna try and win it?"

    Cole sighed in disgust. "The only dance move I wanna perform is called 'get me out of this nuthouse, and let's burn these memories from my head.'"

    "What?"

    You jumped at the sound of Mr. Lou's cane and his disbelieving voice. Cole paled a little, saying, "Dad. I..."

    His father gaped at him before barely composing himself. Disbelief spilled from his features. "You..? You were going to... steal it?"

    Cole sighed before a sudden determination entered his eyes and he stepped forward. "Dad, I didn't mean for you to hear that, but—but I'm glad you did. There's something I've been wanting to tell you." He took a few more steps towards his father. "All these years, I haven't been training to be a singer or a dancer. I found something new that I'm really good at. Dad..." He spun into his suit as Mr. Lou watched on. "I'm a ninja."

    Mr. Lou gasped. Cole plowed on as he grabbed his Scythe, "And the truth is, if we don't steal that Fangblade—I mean, Blade Cup—there's other people that will. Bad people. Serpentine. And we need it to save the world. I know how ridiculous this sounds, but I'm proud of who I am, and I want you to be proud of me, too." (A.N. I cannot be the only one that thought that this was basically like Cole coming out of the closet. It was a good speech though.)

    He put a hand on his father's shoulder, but Mr. Lou pulled away. You grimaced. "I can't be proud of any son who thinks stealing is right," Mr. Lou growled, voice raising as he went on, "And I'm not gonna wait around to watch you make a mockery of our family's legacy."

    "Dad, I—" But it was too late. Mr. Lou turned his back on the ninja and left the studio. Soundlessly, you went over and gave the earth ninja a hug around the waist. He leaned into it, totally defeated.

    "I'm sure he didn't mean that," Kai reassured.

    "Maybe if he just saw you in action," Jay put in.

    Cole waved them off. "No, it's—it's OK."

    He didn't look very OK.

    What's that?

    You pulled your head up and saw a small group of very badly disguised snakes coming out of a dressing room. "'Treble Makers'?" Jay squinted, "Wait a minute. What are they doing here?"