•S1 E12: Rise of the Great Devourer (1)•

(A.N. We're coming up on the end of Season 1! Can you feel the excitement?)

    The weather was dark and stormy as a hurricane, but the Destiny's Bounty sailed through the dark clouds smoothly as a bird. Lightning crashed outside as Wu meditated deeply, incense filling the air. Slowly but surely, he got visions: the ninja fighting off waves of snakes as they closed in, himself fighting Pythor, and then—a giant shadow of a snake.

Snapping back to reality, Sensei Wu gasped.

"Why is it that Torchfire Mountain is the only place we can destroy the Fangblades?" Nya questioned as the ship continued to rock back and forth.

"Because the Fangblades are made from the original teeth of the Devourer," Kai explained, eyeing the blades carefully. "They're so strong they can only break down in extraordinary heat."

Jay sipped his tea before calling, "Uh, could someone pass the salt?" The ship rocked with another boom, and the salt shaker slid across the table. "Hey, thanks," he laughed, sprinkling it on his sandwich.

The doors opened and Cole stumbled in, looking a bit green. "Please. No one talk about food." The Bounty hit another harsh wave and the earth ninja slid around. "How much longer until we get there?"

"Not long," Jay hummed. "Hey, Cole, you're looking a little green over there. How'd you like a mucous salt sandwich?" Cole held a hand over his mouth and hurled over the side of the ship. The blue ninja chuckled, but you shot him a look and he went on. "Speaking of green, who would've guess little Lloyd Garmadon turned out to be the Green Ninja? And (Y/N) gets that cool Grey Ninja outfit?"

"I know," Nya teased, "He was such a brat at first. (Y/N) too, actually. It's hard to believe they're gonna become the greatest ninja that ever lived."

Kai cleared his throat, obviously rubbed the wrong way by how this conversation was going. He was still mildly salty about his destiny not only not being the Green or Grey Ninja, but having that destiny fall to some... kids. "Where're those little runts?"

    Below the deck of the Bounty, you flipped the switch and activated the obstacle course. "Serpentine, it's time we Spinjitzu you back into the filth holes you came from," Lloyd said, trying to appear menacing with his Green Ninja gi. Pulling on your (F/C) hood, you grinned at Lloyd and the two of you went headfirst into the mini course. Everything went smoothly for about five seconds, and then you tripped over something and barreled into your twin. He grunted in pain, and you felt a shot of adrenaline. But before you could look too far into it, you saw a flash of purple alongside laughter.

    Your muscles stiffened in fear, and you saw Lloyd do the same.

    "What a joke," Pythor laughed, and you inched further and further back. Suddenly, you and Lloyd were lifted off of your feet. You almost screamed, but you were too busy trying to wriggle out of his grasp. "You were always a boy who chased stupid dreams. And you! You're always wasting your potential for him."

    "Pythor!" Lloyd choked as the snake became visible. "H-How did you get aboard?"

    "You think I would allow the ninja to steal the Fangblades from me?" The Anacondrai snarled, hanging both of you on some dangling weapons. Your feet couldn't touch the floor, and you only twisted harder.

    "You can't do this!" You shouted as Pythor bound your hands. "The ninja—"

    He put a piece of tape over you mouth, and then Lloyd's. "Aw, tsk, tsk, tsk," Pythor clucked, turning to the door. "For the Venom-Born, you're certainly disappointing. Putting your faith in others? You're just as stupid as your brother."