•S1 E7: Tick Tock (2)•

A.N. Also to be brutally honest the first time I saw this episode it blew me away. Like I was literally dragging my sister across the house to watch this episode with me. It was awesome. Ah, this show was so great in it's prime.

:):

Sensei Wu walked inconspicuously through the small village, taking in the sights and the smells and the sounds. No one paid him any attention. Good. That was exactly what he wanted.

Eventually he came across two skeleton warriors, playing what looked like rock-paper-scissors (A.N. This always confused me every time I saw it. How the hecc were they playing RPS or whatever if they didn't have conceivable fingers!?) Once they caught sight of Wu, though, one of them cried, "Retreat!" He ignored them. They were irrelevant at the time.

Instead, he made his way to the tea shop. It wasn't an ordinary tea shop, of course. It was the shop of an old friend. The little boy serving at the counter seemed almost intimidated by his presence. "I would like to purchase some traveler's tea," Wu stated.

An elder woman poked her head around the corner, smirking when she saw who it was. She wiped the grin from her face, coming to the counter and saying, "Never heard of it."

Wu placed five coins on the counter. The woman almost rolled her eyes as she retrieved a teapot and poured in some mysterious essence, telling him, "You know, those who drink this never return."

"Then I will not bother you again," the old Sensei said with the same amount of salt she had thrown. He backed out of the door, a faint smile on his face as he held the teapot between both hands. The woman only stared as he went, silently hoping for the best.

:):

The ninja finally, finally all caught up and saw a tree wide open. Being the rational boys they were, they entered. "(Y/N)? Zane?" Jay called into the tree, descending the steps. "Wow, would you look at this place?"

Then he saw the two of you on the floor, you hugging Zane like there was no tomorrow. "It doesn't matter to me, Zane," you were telling him firmly, "You're still you! You're still Zane!"

"(Y/N)?" Jay asked, tone suddenly dead serious. It was very scary to hear him being serious. "What's wrong with Zane?"

You just rapidly shook your head in response. They raced down the metal steps, concern painted all over their features. "Are you guys hurt?" Kai asked.

"You OK?"

Zane sighed heavily, letting the breath out shakily as he realized that he might not actually be breathing in tangible air since he didn't even have lungs. You just glanced up at the ninja and then pointed at the blueprint on the table. The ninja took one look at it and their eyes all widened. "Just don't criticize him, OK..?" You asked quietly.

The ice ninja stood up, taking the blueprints in his hands before dropping it to the ground as if it pained him to even look at it. Then he moved his hand to his chest. Cole stared at him. "Hey, what—"

Zane opened his chest. He opened it to reveal the mechanical insides, refusing to look down at it. The other ninja screamed. You facepalmed and shook your head.

What did I just say?

"You're a robot!?" Kai shouted, reeling back from the revelation.

The white ninja closed his eyes for a moment, blinking back tears that he knew wouldn't come out because he didn't have tear ducts. Did he? He couldn't even cry like a human being because he wasn't. "All this time," he said shakily, "And I never knew."