sixty six

"And find a place where every single thing you see tells you to stay."
S E E K E R
.
.
February 25th
7:09 AM
New York
- - - - - - - - - -

Audrey threw her head back, surrendering to the waves of pleasure that cascaded through her body as his mouth explored her with unwavering devotion. He persisted, guiding her towards the pinnacle of sensation until she teetered on the edge, succumbing to the blissful release that awaited her. As she gradually descended from her euphoric state, Gunner emerged from beneath the covers, his disheveled and drowsy visage eliciting a warm, affectionate smile from Audrey.

"Hi," she murmured, her voice laced with playful allure, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Gunner couldn't help but wear a self-satisfied smirk as he met her gaze. "Well, hello there," he responded, his tone carrying equal parts confidence and amusement.

"You're insatiable, you know."

He leaned in closer, his breath tickling her ear as he whispered, "It's your fault."

A soft giggle escaped her, the sound filled with delight and a hint of seduction. "Is that so? Well, lucky for you, I happen to enjoy being your willing accomplice."

"Oh, I know just how willing you are, Audrey. It's one of the things I love about you."

Her fingers traced a path along his jawline. Their banter faded into a brief pause, as the realization of what had happened yesterday settled upon them. "I can't believe we're married," she confessed.

Gunner's gaze softened, his expression mirroring her sentiment. "Yeah, I'm still trying to process it."

A tender smile graced her lips as she reached out to intertwine her fingers with his. "I'm so glad I married you."

He leaned in, gently pressing his lips against hers in a loving kiss. "Me too. I love you. I love that you're my wife now," he murmured against her mouth.

After their sweet exchange, they settled into the comfort of their shared bed, bodies intertwined. Gunner enveloped Audrey in his arms, creating a cocoon of warmth and security. As the weight of the night melted away, they surrendered to the soothing embrace of sleep, their breaths synchronizing in a serene rhythm.

Hours went by before Gunner opened his eyes again.

Warm rays of morning light danced across his face and a cool draft embraced his semi-naked body. His hazy vision adjusted to greet the daylight, his muscles protesting as he suddenly turned on his side and met a head full of silky, black hair.

As he shed his sleep, he identified a familiar face. His daughter was serene in her slumber. It was unusual that he woke up before his wife and daughter, so he often rarely had the chance to admire either of them without distractions. It was hard to believe that this sleeping angel was the same girl who would forcefully paint his nails and style his hair almost every day of the week. He vaguely recalled Leah creeping into their room sometime in the morning, insisting that she was lonely. After crawling in between them, she settled into sleep and now, nestled beside him, shared his warmth.

She looked just like her mother, from the nose right down to the lips that expelled soft breaths. He and Audrey really did make a beautiful baby, and he knew their newest addition would be just as precious.

"Love you," he whispered.

Leaning over, he kissed her forehead and then did the same to his wife. Neither of them stirred.

Gunner stifled a yawn and slowly sat up, ignoring his aching spine as he fumbled for his cell phone on the bedside table. The screen glowed with the time displayed, and he cursed under his breath at how late they'd all slept in. It was almost noon, meaning Leah already missed half a day of school and Ace had left dozens of voice messages.