Chapter 3 | Isabella

Since we still had a little over fifteen minutes of lunch left we continued to make our way toward the bathroom. We quickly made our way to the nearest one, following our usual routine before we began.

I patted down my semblance of a frizz-fro with a sigh (my hair's choice of the day, it was never really mine, it was almost as if it was a weather barometer).  While I fluffed my massive chocolate-brown cloud-like hair, Izzy proceeded to casually check each of the stalls to make sure that they were all empty.

As she did so, we talked about our grades and anything else that wouldn't matter if someone were to overhear us.

It was lucky that we did. While this was the least used girls bathroom in the whole of Edison Tech High, it was occasionally used. A tall blond girl with pink highlights that I vaguely recognized from AP English walked out of one of the stalls, waving at us.

"Hey guys," she said with a cheerful grin as she went to wash her hands.

"Hi...Amanda," I said just remembering her name in time.  That would have been embarrassing if not unlike me.

"Hey Mandy!"

"How did you do you think you did on last Friday's English test," she said as she applied some cherry red lip-gloss.

"Good, I think."

"I failed. I'm going to need a tutor if I don't want my parents to kill me. I should have stuck with regular English...I can barely deal with that as it is.  Why do they have to have so many letters," she moaned.

"I'm sure you did fine."  I looked at her in amusement.  She's lucky we didn't have to take Mandarin, Cantonese or even Japanese for languages.  400 letters?  No thanks, I'm good.

"Thanks. I'd better go if I still want to have time to eat; I just finished cheer leading."

"Ah," Izzy replies as she fluffed her dark waves.

"Mm."

"Yeah," she said as she gave herself one more look in the mirror. "Well, see you in class Belle. Bye Izzy!"

"Bye!"

"Later."

We made sure to check all of the stalls again after that. Satisfied that no one was in the bathroom other than us, I locked the bathroom door. We both quickly did our business and washed our hands, not wanting to waste the opportunity, especially with an empty bathroom.

Drying our hands, we pulled out our "standard preservative kits" as my uncle teasingly calls them. If he cared that his hands were more gloves than hands I would have been more than happy to offer him some, the jerk. Kidding...mostly.

Anyways, as we pulled out our respective bags of lotions and potions I asked Moony to spill. "So Izzy. What did you want to gossip - er, talk to me about," I teased her.

Playfully narrowing her eyes at me, she lathered herself with a liberal amount of cocoa butter before finally turning to me and answering. "What do you know about the Alphas of the Jagged Iron Claw pack?"

"I know that they're here to renew the peace agreement between our packs."

"Hmm...nothing else?"

"Nope," I say not concerned in the least as I eyed my nails.  I was going to have to mooch a file, they were getting raggedy.

"Belle," she whined.

"Izzy," I whined back teasingly.

She just pouted at me.

"Fine. Fill me in, do your thing," I drawled, already bored.

Clapping her hands and squealing slightly, she hurriedly put away her creams and chap sticks as I did the same.

"The Alpha Triplets of the Jagged Iron Claw pack are nearly always born as triplets.  I know it's not exactly uncommon to have twins or even triplets, but they nearly always have triplets," she said as I opened my mouth.  "Alpha Hades is the eldest, then Poseidon and lastly Zeus Lyacon. The territory covers most of Eurasia, and their capital Is somewhere in the north."

"I'm already getting bored, We learned all of this.  Years ago."

She just ignored me, other than to give me her infamous puppy eyes.

Sighing, I gestured for her to continue.

"Anyways, you're right, they're here to renew their contract with your uncle. Rumor has it that they are looking for their mates. Although I've heard that their packs Alpha's generally share..."

"Share..?"

"Don't make me say it Belle," she said, scrunching her nose in distaste.

I just looked at her blankly.

"A mate, they share a mate Belle! And those three guys in the library looked fairly similar to those three alphas..."

I paused to take that in; her words, her worried expression.

"Maybe you were right this morning, Belle," she muttered, wringing her hands.

I snorted at that. "It was probably just some weird creeps like you usually find in the public library. They must not have realized that this was a school. That, or the security guard either fell asleep or was flirting with the cheer leading coach again. You know, rather than do his job."

"Dressed in expensive silk suits?  They didn't look like creeps either."

"Right.  How do creeps generally look then?"

She flushed at my word as she sent a glare my way.  "Yeah, you're probably right."

"Of course I am! What's the probability that they would come here rather than go meet with my uncle when they are trying to renew their contract - all the way across town?"

She finally smiled at that. "That would be a bit out of the way, wouldn't it? It would be rude to not greet the Alpha of the pack you're visiting first too...you're right."

"Yeah, then they can go and be creepy pedos after they're polite," I teased. "Was that what you were actually worried about?"

"Hey, it wasn't gossip this time, and I was worried about you! It was legitimate news," she defended herself. "What if you needed to know about this?"

I just smirked at her over my shoulder as I unlocked the door so that we could make our way to math class, the evil. "I suppose."

"Those guys were hot though, weren't they," she said after awhile.

"Even if I was able to see how they looked with them looming over me, they were weird. And I'm trying to be nice here."

"I suppose."

"Where do they live that they think it's OK to behave like that?"

"Probably the capitol, somewhere in one of the Scandinavian countries. They're pretty secretive," she trailed off seeing my expression.

"I may not pay attention to my uncle after ten minutes, but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in Russia.  And I thought that we decided that they weren't the Alphas."

"Why don't you just ask your uncle," she asked, ignoring the last part.  "Tell him that you get bored after about five seconds."

"I'm not telling him that!"

"Why not? Because it's rude?"

"..."

"..."

"Sorry Izzy..."

"It's okay Belle," she said with a smile.

"Come on, let's get to class. We wouldn't want to be late."

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | FOLLOW | SHARE

STAY SAFE | HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY