Chapter 29 | Isabella

He hadn't died.

Not then at least.

One week later the Moon Goddess called my uncle Osiris back to join her among the stars.

I didn't know what to do with myself in that time. I occasionally fluttered from room to room like a broken butterfly as I just tried not to think as I slowly shambled around. Most of the time I stayed in my room, huddled under the covers as if they could protect me from the pain.

Poseidon and Zeus took care of me between taking care of their pack's business while Hades seemed to be more comfortable away from me. I would occasionally hear him shouting orders in the distance or see him coming out of my uncle's room.

When I had asked, Poseidon had said that Hades was taking care of the funeral arrangement for me when he wasn't in charge of pack business. Uninterested in pursuing it further, I had simply shrugged before sinking further into my bed.

I couldn't bring myself to care about it or much of anything right then.

I went on like this for about a week after my mates had passed. I kept to my room which had turned into a lair of sorts.

I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't think.

I was afraid if I fell asleep someone else would disappear even as I continued to push them away. I wouldn't be able to take it if that happened. I couldn't.

Not again.

_____________________

I made my way back to my room from the bathroom only to stop in my tracks.

Six chair formed a circle in the middle of my room. I slowly blinked, then blinked again. They were still there.

Moony and her mate as well as my three mates were occupying five of the six chairs. They had been whispering between themselves until they had sighted me.

"We need to talk Bella," Hades said carefully.

"Where have you been," I whispered to myself more than him.

"I've been...busy. Come along now." Hades said gently as he placed his hand at the small of my back and gently urged me towards the remaining empty seat to his right.

I reluctantly sank into the chair as I protectively wrapped my arms around myself. "Hmm," I hummed before dismissing him

I turned to my left to find Isis already watching me as if I was a strange, dangerous specimen that would attack her at any moment.

I slowly turned from her to warily eye the others. Hades was looking at me sadly as he rubbed my back. Poseidon and Zeus had been whispering to one another, only to abruptly stop as I looked at them next. I turned to Apollo last only to see that he too had been whispering, only to Isis.

"Is this about the funeral arrangements," I mumbled. "I-I can help if you need me too," I croaked.

"No Bella," Hades replied as he took his seat once more. "I'm taking care of that for you, you're in enough pain. I - that is we - wanted to see how you're holding up? How are you feeling?"

"You're behavior seems a bit self-destructive lately," Zeus added.

"You've been ignoring all of us, even me Belle," Selene said with a hurt look. I did feel bad when she said that.

I knew that I had been pushing my loved ones away but it was almost as if I couldn't help myself. I had already lost three of the people closest to me; I don't think I could stand to lose anyone else.

"We have some people who would like to talk to you," Hades said as the pack doctor entered my room.

My eyes widened at that.

"No," I whispered. "No! What good will he be when he couldn't even keep my uncle alive?"

The doctor seemed nervous, eyeing the door like he was contemplating making a runner and just leaving me to it.

Good.

"Belle," Hades whispered.

"No."

"Please Bella, this could help you," Selene begged.

I just shook my head and refused to meet anyone's eyes.

I heard a loud sigh and a chair scraping before someone stomped over towards were I sat with my arms and legs tightly crossed.

"Enough Isabella! You will see the doctor. You will talk to him. You will listen to him. Understood," Poseidon barked.

My eyes filled with tears at his tone. I had been an emotional wreck ever since my uncle had passed.

Sniffling quietly, I wiped my eyes.

"Bella?" His voice had softened at my distress. "Bella, I'm sorry...it's just I - that is we - have been so worried about you."

I just sat there quietly, concentrating on repressing my tears the best that I could.

Another chair harshly scraped against the floor before it toppled from the force of the person rising from it.

I looked up despite myself only to see Zeus storming towards me.

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | SHARE | FOLLOW

STAY SAFE | HAVE A GREAT DAY