Chapter 15 | Isabella

"How dare you come here," I hissed at the door, causing Khepri's and Isis' head's to snap towards the still open door. "Did you think that I had forgiven you already? Because I most certainly haven't."

"How dare I? How dare you," he barked. His face was flushed a dark shade of raspberry, his fists clenched so tightly that his knuckles had turned white.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean Zeus," I demanded. I stood up, arms once more folded across my chest. "How did you even find where I was,"  I added.

  Something seemed to flicker in his amber eyes as they widened.  "Never mind that," he said quickly.  He cleared his throat before continuing.  "Why are you all over that other pup like, like.."

"Yes," I breathed, daring him to continue. 

Isis was shaking her head knowingly while Khepri looked as if he wished he had some popcorn on hand. Both of their head's where ping-ponging back and forth between us as if this was the most entertainment they had had in ages.

What was I, their own personal court Jester?  I wasn't the pack Fool*, thank you very much!

"As if you don't know, you slut," he stupidly said.

Isis gasped, amber eyes wide. She backed up, out of the range of fire, knowing he was a dead man walking.

Khepri just cheerfully grinned, folding his arms behind his head. He propped his crossed legs on the Art Deco steel and glass table in front of him, grinning when Izzy seemed to occupied to reprimand him.  He was obviously getting comfortable for the oncoming fight I thought as he sent alonging look towards the kitchen before returning his gaze to us.

Zeus, apparently not completely daft, audibly gulped as he took a step backwards.  "Belle," he attempted to cajole.  "I---"

"How dare you," I hissed. 

He gulped at the look on my face. If I looked anything like I felt at the moment he should be afraid. If I didn't know any better I would think he enjoyed putting me in this state from the grin he sent my way.  Idiot.  "Get out. I don't want to see you right now, not for a long time."

"Baby..."

My eyes narrowed at that.  I was going to get wrinkles while I still had pimples from this moron.  "First, it's gross when someone calls anyone other than a child baby or babe."  Secondly, I thought to myself, he was obvious attempting to sweet talk me. Not going to happen.

"Get out," I repeated louder, my voice cracking slightly from my rage.   I stalked towards him, shoving him towards the door until he was outside. "Don't call me; I'll call you," I snarled with a dangerous grin sent his way before slamming the door in his stunned face.

I leaned against the door, eyes closed. I breathed in deeply, paused, then breathed out.

"So," Khepri started. 

My eyes flashed open; I had forgotten Izzy and Khepri were here. "Got any popcorn?" He was grinning up at me, having made himself comfortable.

My amber eyes flashed. "Out," I barked.  I must have looked deranged.

He got up with a sigh, stretching as he did. "Fine."  He straightened up as he stepped around the now dirty coffee table.  "So I don't need to cover for you, right," he smirked.

"Khepri!"

"Maybe you shouldn't flirt with Bella right now Khepri." We both flushed at that.

"I wasn't flirting," he mumbled. "I'll just leave now. See you guys later." I felt a little bad for him, especially since I knew that he hadn't been flirting with me. I did want him to leave so I could finally spend some time with Izzy though.