Chapter 10 | Isabella

"When are you taking me back to my pack house," I managed to ask Poseidon around a mouthful of buttery goodness also known as popcorn.

We were seated in the living room having a movie marathon, currently watching the
 "Dead Poet's Society."  There were a dozen mostly empty boxes of pizza strewn over the table in front of us along with half a dozen two liter bottles of soda and a variety of chips and candy.

Man they could eat!  

The boys - men really - had easily polished off nine and a half of the pizzas between the three of them alone.  Where did they put it all, did they have hollow legs or black holes rather than stomachs?  Too bad I wasn't quite as talented I thought to myself as I lovingly patted my fat storage deposit as my stomach rumbled in what I liked to think was either contentment or agreement.  Preferably both.

Since Poseidon still felt guilty, he was letting me do whatever I wanted - at least for now.

"Soon," he said, eyes glued to the screen.

My eyes narrowed at that.  I hated when people lied to me.  Did he think that I was stupid or just wish that I was?  If he expected me to trust him after that he was existing on another plane of existence.  

"Poseidon," I warned, as I paused the T.V.

Before he could answer, a door slammed.  He sighed in relief at what he seemed to see as a welcome intrusion, slumping down into the leather of the navy blue couch.  I sniffed at that.  Fine.  If he was just going to lie to my face, there was no point in talking to him.  Who did he think he was, Trump?

That didn't mean that I would forget though.

"We'll talk about this later."

Huffing, I crossed my arms and turned the 'Dead Poet's Society' back on as I went back to munching away at the bowl of popcorn.  I decided that I would ignore him and give him the silent treatment until he caved.

He reached over to grab some.  "Mine!  My precious," I snarled as I cuddled the manna known as popcorn closer.

Sinking back further into the couch, I grabbed the comforter hanging over the back of the couch and draped it over me, avoiding the food.  I was doing a great job of ignoring my surroundings also known as Poseidon.  That is, I was until Hades stepped in front of the TV.  

"Hades," I whined.  Whined.  I scrunched up my nose at the sound that had just come from my mouth.  Clearing my throat I tried again.  "Hades."  There, that was better.  "Can you please move."  It came out as more of a demand.

"Alright," he said with a slight smirk as he brushed his auburn waves away from his face.  Poseidon was next to him now with a nearly identical smirk.  When had he gotten up?  

They each had something behind their back.  "I guess you don't want a rabbit anymore or a---"

"What," I cried, jumping up.  My popcorn, immediately forgotten at the mention of the cute little fuzzies, had tipped over and gotten everywhere.  

Oops.  I'd clean it up in a minute.

I eyed them both eagerly as their smirks widened further.

"Do you have them?  Can I see them," I asked eagerly as I bounced from my heels to my toes and back, attempting to glimpse them.

"Are you sure you don't want to see the library first," Poseidon teased.

"No," I cried outraged.

They grinned, looked at one another, then finally held the bunnies hidden behind their backs.  I squealed as I carefully took the first and cuddled her.

Her eyes were squeezed shut as she wiggled in my hands; she was tiny!  "Look at her fuzzy little bunny but!"  The grinned at that

Suddenly, she opened her little pink mouth wide and yawned.  I cooed at the fuzzy ball of cuteness as she started kicking in her sleep.  Was she dreaming about chasing something?  How cute!

She had a blush pink satin collar with a little bow around her white and grey neck.  I turned back to my mates, looking at them  expectantly.  They seemed to get my unspoken question.

"Yes, it's a girl, 3 weeks old," Hades answered.  "Here's her sister, we don't want them reproducing," he added with a grin as he  held out a slightly furrier brown and cream version in his massive paws.  I wanted to giggle at how silly he looked holding her, but refrained even if only just.

  I wanted to giggle at how silly he looked holding her, but refrained even if only just

"What are you going to name them," Poseidon asked.

I looked at the grey one first thinking carefully.  "I like Silver Paw for the grey one," I said slowly as I inspected her.  "And Fuzzy Bun Bun for the fluffier one."  They looked like they were holding back laughter at my names.  "What," I demanded.

"Well," Hades started, blatantly choking back laughter as he looked to Poseidon for help.

"Isn't your friends last name Silver," Poseidon chortled.

"And?" I didn't see what the problem was.  I knew that Isis wouldn't care, especially if I let her play with them.  I went back to admiring my Fuzzy Bun Bun and Silver Paws as I decided it would probably be better to ignore them.  Then I looked up.  "Didn't you say that the library was ready?"

The two nodded at my question, though they looked a bit thrown by the sudden randomness that was me.  Also the question.  Probably the question.

"Well?  Come on!"  I was so excited!  I could always use more books, who couldn't?

"Are you taking those two with you," Hades asked with a grin, hands in pockets.

"Of course," I said.  "Why wouldn't I?"  

Just then, Fuzzy Bun Bun pooped on me.

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | FOLLOW | SHARE

STAY SAFE | HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY