Chapter 16 | Isabella

"How dare you come here," I hissed at the door, causing Khepri's and Selene's head's to snap towards the still open door.  "Did you think that I had forgiven you already?  Because I most certainly haven't."

"How dare I?  How dare you," he barked.  His face was flushed a deep puce, his fists clenched so tightly that his knuckles had turned white.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean Zeus," I demanded.  I stood up, arms once more folded under my chest.  "How did you even find where I was?" 

"Never mind that.  Why are you all over some other wolf like, like.."

"Yes," I breathed, daring him to continue.  Isis was shaking her head knowingly while Khepri looked as if he wished he had some popcorn on hand.  Both of their head's where ping-ponging back and forth between us as if this was the most entertainment they had had in ages.

"As if you weren't aware you slut," he stupidly said.

Izzy gasped, eyes wide.  She backed up, out of the range of fire, knowing he was a dead man walking.

Khepri just cheerfully grinned, folding his arms behind his head.  He was obviously getting comfortable for the oncoming fight.

Zeus, apparently not completely daft, audibly gulped as he took a step backwards.

"How dare you," I hissed.  He gulped at the look on my face.  If I looked anything like I felt at the moment he should be afraid.  If I didn't know any better I would think he enjoyed putting me in this state.  "Get out.  I don't want to see you right now, for a long time."

"Baby.."

My eyes narrowed at that.  First, it's gross when someone calls anyone other than a child baby or babe.  Secondly, he was obvious ready to attempt to sweet talk me.  Not going to happen.

"Get out," I repeated louder, my voice cracking slightly in my rage.  I stalked towards him, shoving him towards the door until he was outside.  "Don't call me; I'll call you," I snarled before slamming the door in his stunned face.

I leaned against the door, eyes closed.  I breathed in deeply, paused, then breathed out.

"So," Khepri started.  My eyes flashed open; I had forgotten Moony and Khepri were here.  "Got any popcorn?"  He was grinning up at me having made himself comfortable.

My eyes flashed.  "Out."

He got up with a sigh, stretching as he did.  "Fine.  So I don't need to cover for you, right," he smirked.

"Khepri!"

"Maybe you shouldn't flirt with Bella right now Khepri."  We both flushed at that.

"I wasn't flirting," he mumbled.  "I'll just leave now.  See you guys later."  I felt a little bad for him, especially since I knew that he hadn't been flirting with me.  I did want him to leave so I could finally spend some time with Izzy though.

Guilty, I sighed.  "I'll see you later Khepri," I said with a small smile.

"I was just teasing you, not flirting," he told me, though his eyes were now on his mischievous cousin.  She just giggled at his obvious discomfort.  "You know I won't say anything to your uncle."

"Thanks Khepri!  And I know you weren't flirting with me," I reassured him with a smile.  He gave a slightly unsure grin back in response before leaving.

"Finally," Izzy cried.  "Now there's a chance we can actually spend some time together."

I just laughed.

"What were we doing before Thing 1 and Thing 2 arrived," Izzy joked. At least, I think she was joking.

"We were going to binge on Lucifer, popcorn and soda while giving ourselves an at home spa day," I replied.

"Mm." She flopped down on the couch, then started wiggling around like a fish out of water.

"What are you doing," I laughed.

"Getting comfortable. Tired," she moaned. My eyes widened at that.

"You can't be tired," I cried in outrage. "It isn't even four PM."

"Mphmkayeah," was the muffled reply I received.

"Izzy," I groaned. "We only get every other weekend, you know my uncle's strict."

"Izzy is not here at the moment. Leave a message when she is awake. Beep!"

"Ugh!" I threw my hands up at my best friend's antics. "No sleeping," I demanded.

"Alright, I'll make sure to tell my body when I wake up."

I couldn't help it anymore; I fell to the floor, clutching my stomach as I roared with laughter at her. She shot up at my laughter.

"Wazgoinon," she mumbled, her hair now fuzzed up at odd angles.

I finally managed to stop laughing after a minute. "Are you really tired," I asked worriedly.

"No," she grinned. "Just getting even with you for the multiple interruptions."

I paused at that. "Two. Two interruptions, Izzy. And you know that wasn't my fault, not really."

She just grinned at me, eyes twinkling. I internally sighed as I wondered how much sugar she had before I had arrived.

__________________

We were soon on her couch in the living room, charcoal masks on as well as lotion gloves. "What did you want to watch," I asked Izzy lazily.

"How about some Twilight episodes, the original ones," she said, one eye reluctantly creaking open before it snapped back shut.

"Sounds good to me," I easily agreed. The time went off and we both headed to the bathroom to wash any residue off of our faces and take of the gloves.

"What color were you thinking," I asked once I finished washing my face.

"I was going do my nails in steel grey and pearl," she said. "What about you?"

I hummed as I thought before responding. "Midnight blue sounds pretty..."

"That will look great on you! Come on, let's go back to watching 'Doctor Who.'"

I nodded and we headed back into the living room, snagging the pizza box and two sodas on the way. We painted our nails as we watched 'Doctor Who,' not touching the food. We were glued to our seats.

The last episode finally ended around one AM and we had managed to drag our eyes away from the screen just long enough to finish the pizza our sodas.

"Ugh! I'm exhausted," Isis said, stretching as her body made weird crackling and popping noises.

"Let's head in for the night," I agreed as I furiously rubbed my eyes in a futile attempt to rid them of their gritty feel.

"Night Bella!"

"Night Izzy," I replied sleepily as we made our way to her room.

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | FOLLOW | SHARE

STAY SAFE | HAVE A GREAT DAY