Chapter 31 | Isabella

EDITED

I slowly blinked, stretching as I woke up. I yawned before I turned to my clock to check the time.

Only my clock wasn't there and I wasn't in my room. I lay nestled between Poseidon and Zeus. Zeus was on his back, one arm over his eyes while the other was positioned behind me. Poseidon lay on his stomach, both arms wrapped just above my hips.

When did I get here? Where was Hades?

I would think of that later, but now I needed to pee.

The sounder of thunder brought me out of my thoughts. Never mind I thought to myself as I turned to my right. It was just Zeus.  He should probably see the pack doctor about that...

I carefully lifted Poseidon's arm before I set it back down on the white satin sheets. I held my breath as I waited to see if I had woken either of them. Other than a loud snort from Zeus they remained still.

I slowly sat up, stilling as I heard a low whine behind me. Poseidon shuffled around for a few seconds before settling back into dreamland, arm now draped over Zeus.

I scooted to the end of the bed before I got up as I stifled a giggle.

Turning around once more, I checked to make sure they were both still asleep. They were - except Poseidon had moved so that he was now clutching Zeus like he was his own personal teddy bear as Zeus lay on his arm. They were going to be so pissed when they woke up.

I looked around for where the bathroom could be but nothing seemed familiar. I made my way to the closest door to find that it lead to a massive walk-in closest filled with clothes. The next door I opened led into the hallway.

Better, but not what I was looking for. Third time's the charm, right?  Apparently it was, since the next door I opened led to was seemed to be a hybrid of a spa and a roman bathroom.  In other words, it was massive.

I quickly did my business and washed my hands before returning to the bedroom I had woken up in. Now that my bladder was no longer crying out for help I had time to examine my surroundings further.

At least I would've if I didn't spot Hades examining his brother in amusement, brows raised. He must have heard me return since he immediately spun around.

"Belle," he happily cried as he ran over to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Alright," I said slowly. "How did I get here though? And where exactly is, well, here?"

He scratched at the back of his head as he sent a glare towards his brothers who were just stirring.  He frowned before grinning as he went to slap the back of Zeus' head.  "One sec Belle.  I should let this idiot explain."

Zeus jerked as he let out a groan.  He cuddled further into Poseidon's arms before quickly realizing it was his brother's.  Annoyed, he jabbed Poseidon in the stomach with his elbow.

"Wazgoin," Poseidon muttered sleepily as he rubbed his eyes.

"Get off," Zeus hissed as he shoved Poseidon off of him and onto the carpeted floor. "Where's Belle," he demanded anxiously as he peeked over the edge of the bed and looked down at Poseidon

Poseidon pointed at us before collapsing on the plush cream carpet, seemingly asleep once more.  Impressive.

"Those two geniuses thought it would be better if we drugged you with chloroform to get you on the plane so they could get you here faster," Hades explained.

"Chloroform," I demanded as I turned to the other two, hands at my hips. "Who does that," I shrieked.

"His idea," Poseidon mumbled as he lazily pointed in the general direction of the bed before collapsing on the floor once more.

My eyes narrowed at Zeus as he visibly gulped. I slowly began to advance on him as his eyes clouded over.

"Rouges," he blurted before hastily dashing of of the room.

Poseidon's eyes snapped open while Hades looked at me thoughtfully.

"We'll send Apollo and Isis to stay here with you while we take care of this," he called over his shoulder.

"But---"

"See you later Belle," Poseidon shouted over his shoulder as he grabbed two outfits, presumably for Zeus and himself.

Sighing, I made my way over to the closet to pick out an outfit so I could follow them I through on new jeans and a new camisole over underwear that were also new.  Where were all of my clothes?

I didn't have time to look for them now, I decided. Izzy and Apollo would be here any moment.  After opening a few doors I finally found the one that led to the hallway.

Hearing voices, I slipped into the room next door just as I heard Apollo and Izzy coming down the hallway. Quietly closing and locking the door behind me, I pressed my ear to the door to see if I could hear anything useful.

"I was eating," Apollo whined.

"You could always go with your brothers," Izzy suggested.  "And you're always eating."

"I'm good," he said as I heard the door to the room I had been in open. "Where's Isabella," he demanded.

"In here you oaf," she started before trailing off. "Where is she?"

"That's what I just asked," he pouted.

"Not now Apollo," she sighed. "Bella?"

"Do you think she followed," he whispered. I didn't catch the last part. There was quiet murmuring between the two as I heard the doors in the next room opening and closing.

"She's not here. Maybe she went downstairs to look for the kitchen," she suggested.

"I hope so," Apollo replied.

"Can't you ever think of anything other than your bottomless pit of a stomach," Izzy huffed.

"I can think of more than one thing at a time," he cried defensively.

"Yeah? Like what," she demanded, their voices fading as they walked away from where I was hiding.

"Well, I can think of you and how I want to," was all I could before their voices became inaudible.  Thank Goddess!

I stayed there for another two minutes to make sure that they weren't coming back. When silence was the only thing that met my ears, I unlocked the door and tiptoed in the direction that I had heard them going.

After walking down the hall for a little over ten minutes I came to a stone staircase covered with a royal purple carpet.

My mates may wish they could control me but they don't. As the new Alpha of the Blood Moon pack I was higher status that they were at the moment. Until we married they would remain Alphas-in-training.

I was going to prove we were equal one way or another.

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | SHARE | FOLLOW

STAY SAFE | HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY