Chapter 26 | Isabella

Hades paused at that while Apollo looked towards him.

"Yes, do tell Hades," Apollo said with a sly grin.  "We are very alike after all," he smirked.

My eyes widened at that.  "I thought you were different," I cried.

"I am!  He's purposely twisting words so it will sound worse than it is," he said looking slightly hurt.  He ran a hand through his auburn waves as he looked at me desperately.  "You don't know how hard it is to---"

"Hades," Apollo yelled.  Apollo's eyes flashed in warning as Hades groaned while gripping his hair.

"Fine.  How do you know each other then?"  Apollo went to open his mouth, a wicked glint in his golden eyes.  "not you," I hissed.  I turned to Hades expectantly.

"He's my little brother," he sighed.  "If you think that Zeus and Poseidon are bad, you'll hate this one.  Wait until I tell mo how you treated your 'mate,'"

"First, bad-mouthing me to my mate, really?  Secondly, you're going to rat me out to mom?"

"Mom," I said faintly.  I cleared my throat as I lent against the marble counter.  "You're not my mate.  You can't be."  I shook my head at the very idea.

It was hard enough dealing with Poseidon and Zeus.  I did not need a third man-child.

"Hey Bella," came a voice.  "Where are you?"

"In here Moony!"  Thank God!  I think I'll head to Moony's while you sort this out."

Apollo wasn't listening though.  "Who's that," he demanded with a strained voice.

I warily eyed him.  He had gone rigid and was taking deep breaths.  "I told you, that's Moony," I said just as I saw Isis enter the kitchen.

His eyes seemed to glaze over.  "Mine!"

"Yeah, no thanks," she drawled as she looked him up and down in disgust.  "Sorry, I'm not desperate," she sniffed.

"Wait until you hear what he did Moony!"

I linked my arm with hers as I went to drag her out of the kitchen and upstairs to my room.  That is until Izzy was dragged back into the room.

"Mine," he repeated with rapidly darkening eyes.

"Excuse me!  You don't own me, this isn't Victorian England you wannabe neanderthal!  Now get your grubby paws off of me," she barked as she ripped her arm from his grasp.

"What did you say," he growled.  She seemed slightly uncertain as she took a step back from him.

"Y-you heard me."  She lifted her chin and straightened her back as she glared at him with her copper eyes narrowed.

"Don't say I didn't give you a chance."

Then, he was dragging her away.

"What are you planning," I said slowly.

"You'll see," Zeus grinned.

They sped over to my room faster than I could sneeze.

How did they find where my room was? Did I tell one of them? I felt slightly discombobulated from having just woken up.

Poseidon went over to my door and opened it, holding the door for Hades who was still carrying me.

They shared a look that was difficult for me to decipher, especially from the angle I was currently positioned in.

Hades sat at the edge of my large four-poster bed, settling me in his lap. He began to play with my curls while the other two sat on either side.