Chapter 32 | Isabella

EDITED

I finally found the exit to the castle a mere two hours later. I had thought that the pack house that I'd grown up was massive, but this was insane!

Who needed to live in a castle? It wasn't like they had dozens of sibling that lived there with them. As far as I knew it was just the four of them, their parents and the pack Gamma and his family.

Winter had crept in so slowly that I hadn't even realized it was there until that moment. The pine trees that covered the mountain were each capped by fluffy white snow that sparkled in the light, much like the mountain itself.

I took in my surroundings as I carefully made my way down a steep, snowy path that hugged the castle I had just left. Where did they go?

I glanced back up at the castle, wondering if they had even left. The lights began to flicker on one by one as twilight slowly descended. The yellow-orange lights flickering in the windows was a beautiful contrast to the rapidly darkening sky and blue tinted snow.

I continued to make my way down the small mountain shivering as I began to regret not bringing a coat or at least wearing something warmer. I picked up my pace as I shoved through snow-laden branches, determined to find them quickly.

I finally found my mates just before twilight near the forest at the base of the hill that separated the castle from the huge village below. I paused as I heard my name. Hiding behind a pine tree near the edge of the woods I carefully peeked around the tree.

"You need to stay away from our mate," Poseidon growled. "This is your last warning."

Who was he talking to? I thought they were just going to quickly take care of a few stray rogues...

"Is that any way to talk to your older brother," the man drawled, seemingly unconcerned that Zeus currently had him pinned against a tree.

Brother..?

"We have no older brother," Poseidon growled.

"You'd think you three would be more grateful towards us, wouldn't you Hades," he smirked as he thoughtfully eyed him as he brushed the snow from his bronze hair that fell into his eyes.

"No, I don't think they would brother," another man with strawberry-blond waves said. Where had I seen them before? Why did they look so familiar?

"I think Hades is beginning to regret not joining us - aren't you?"

"Leave him out of this brother," Zeus spat as he tightened his grip on the man's collar.

"Touchy, touchy. I see none of you have changed in our absence."

Hades looked down at his words.

What were they talking about? Were my mates related to these rogues?

I attempted to silently inch my way closer so I could better see and hear what was going on. Hopefully the snow would muffle my footsteps. If I was particular lucky, snow would start falling soon so I could let nature cover my tracks. I was nearly in the clear when a noise caught their attention.

A twig below foot snapped, the sound reverberating off the surrounding mountainous area.

Five immediately heads snapped my way as I attempted to hide behind the massive pine tree to no avail.

"Who's there? Who dares spy on their Alpha," Zeus roared.

"Is it one of yours," Hades asked quietly.

"No. She's one of yours," a voice sounded from behind me.

I shrieked and would have tripped if the man didn't grab me in time. "Stay away rogue," I said shakily as I attempted to free myself from his grasp.