Chapter 28 | Isabella

I opened my mouth to answer when a loud shriek sliced through the air.

I nearly shoved my mates off the bed as I jumped up.

"Isis!" I threw a glare at my mates over my shoulder as I ran towards the source of the scream, Zeus and Poseidon hot on my heals.

They had said she would be safe!

I ran out of my room, down the hall, then down the stairs to the first floor before dashing towards the living room.

I skidded to a halt at the entrance to the living room panting as I clutched at a stitch in my side. I rolled my eyes as a smile made its way across my face as I leaned against the doorway.

Apollo was hovering above Isis, mercilessly tickling her. Chuckling, I made my way towards them.

"Getting to know each other," I teased.

"We were getting to know you," Zeus muttered while Poseidon sulked near the doorway. Other than raising my brow I ignored the comment. I could always address it later, would address it later.

"This is what we were interrupted for," Poseidon muttered as he shot his younger brother a baleful look.

I looked over to Poseidon to reprimand him as I saw him shift uncomfortably before turning around and adjusting the tent that had set up camp in his pants. He could try to be a little more subtle.

I looked over to Zeus to check on him. Never mind, I thought to myself ruefully as he adjusted me while switching his gaze from me, to his brother to Izzy. I cleared my throat and shook my head at the two. Where was Hades when you needed him?

They must have finished their movie or whatever activity they had been doing to get to know one another a while ago. I sent a questioning look in Izzy's direction only to receive a shrug in response. Sometimes I wished that I was a male wolf so I could communicate with Moony with more ease.

They both sat up before Apollo leapt to his feet, a sheepish grin on his face. "Sorry about that Bella."

"Sorry about what exactly," I asked as he bent down and offered his hand to Moony.

"Um...interrupting you guys?"

"It's fine. Anything else you'd like to apologize for," I tried.

"Like kissing our mate," Poseidon growled.

Apollo audibly gulped as he rubbed the nape of his neck. "Sorry, I really thought you were my mate." Selene elbowed him hard causing him to wince. "What, I apologized!"

Propping her left hand on her hip, she hissed something in his ear.

"And I'm sorry I kissed you! I mean I'm not sorry, it was nice...I-I mean..."

Unfortunately for him Hades walked in just then, glasses perched on the end of his nose. He was receiving some impressive stink-eye from Moony while my mates stiffened like they had sniffed out their next meal.

"I just can't win today," he moaned as he dropped into a pale yellow chair by the marble fire place. He let his head drop into his hands as he let out another groan. "Look, can we please start over?"

I looked to Moony, then back to him. Nodding my head to myself, I walked over to his hunched figure and held out my hand.

"Hi, I'm Isabella Cunningham, next Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. You can call me Bella though, most do," I said as I offered my hand to him.

His face visibly lit up as he practically jumped from his chair, shaking my hand with both of his. "Hey, I'm Beta Apollo of the Jagged Iron Claw pack. I see that you've already met my brothers. Sorry about that," he said with a lopsided grin.