Chapter 7 | Isabella

I woke up to freezing cold water hitting my face as it began to soak into everything around me.  I heard a door slam in the distance.*

Attempting not to drown from the water that had somehow managed to get into my lungs, I struggled to sit up in a bed that I somehow knew wasn't mine, in a room that wasn't mine.  

Where was I? 

Rubbing my grainy eyes that were refusing to function due to exhaustion, I slowly took in my surroundings.

Something lightly skittered it's way up my arm.  Shrieking in surprise, I punched, kicked and screamed, afraid it was Zeus ready to continue where he had left off.

"Why," moaned a strained voice somewhere from the floor.

"Z-Zeus," I whimpered as I clutched the comforter to my shaking form.

"Wrong brother.  No, you won't be seeing him for a while, and that's if you want to," the voice wheezed.  "Poseidon just left to have his turn with him; your uncle and Khepri have already had theirs."

I didn't know what that meant exactly, and I didn't want to, though I could guess.

There was a pause as one of the Alphas continued to roll around on the floor, clutching at himself, while my face seemed like it was attempting to turn every shade of red as I avoided eye contact with him. 

I would have said that I was sorry, but I wasn't sure how much he was like his brother yet.  

I still felt a little bad though.  I hadn't meant to hit him there, but what had they expected after his brother had forced himself upon me?  Did he really think it was a good idea to bring me to a strange bed in a strange home just after I had been attacked?  Really, have a little common sense.  Literally, any.

He finally managed to slowly make his way up from the floor using the bedpost nearest to him as a crutch.

"Was that meant for Zeus," he groaned.

"No, I thought it was a mouse or something!"  At first, at least, I thought to myself.  Not that I would tell him.  Not until I knew whether or not it was safe to do so at least.

"Are you sure.  I won't be angry if it was," the Alpha said.

I eyed him warily as I contemplated whether or not I should be honest for a few moments.  "No, but I would have done worse if he had been here, to be fair.  I mean, I did think it was a mouse or spider at first.  Before I remembered," I admitted reluctantly.

His eyes widened at this, as he unconsciously seemed to be attempting to hide his manly bits. 

There was an awkward pause again after I said this where neither of us knew exactly what to say while he protectively clutched his south pole.  Every once in a while he would shift, wincing slightly as he did so.

"Sorry about that," I mumbled suddenly as I averted my eyes to the deep, scarlet satin covers that I was nervously twisting between my fingers.  "Which one of the Alphas are you again, by the way?" 

"I'm Hades," he said giving me a small, shy smile.  

"Oh."  I continued to play with the sheets, picking at a loose gold thread I had found, not quite meeting his eyes.

"Yeah."

It was quiet yet again for a while.  He suddenly looked at me, tilting his head to the side as he eyed my neck.  Why was he looking at my neck?  He wasn't planning on draining the rest of my blood from my jugular, was he I thought to myself dizzily.