Prologue | Isabella

EDITED

I woke up feeling strangely warm, especially since it was midwinter. I coughed, my hand going to my mouth as I squinted at my alarm clock on my bedside table. It was exactly two A.M. on the dot. What could have woken me this early?

I coughed again, eyes attempting to see through the smoke.

Wait...smoke?

My eyes widened in alarm as I shot up, instantly regretting it. Smoke was rapidly gathering, making it harder to breathe now that I was sitting up. Panicked, I rolled out of bed and ran to my parents room.

I was met by a wall of flames; I was too late.

I ran for my life as flames licked at my heels.

_______

I woke up, gasping for breath, drenched in sweat.

The same dream, always the same exact dream. Of course I had to have the dream when it was my first day as a senior. I sighed, attempting to run my hand through my tangled mop of chestnut curls.

What a lovely way to wake up. It can only get better from here I thought to myself.

_______

A/N: What do you guys think so far?  Is it a good opening?

As always, votes, comments and adds are appreciated. Make sure to follow me to keep up to date.

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | FOLLOW | SHARE

STAY SAFE | HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY MY LITTLE WOLVES