9

Nova opens her phone and texts Deaton. She had questions about the supernaturals here in Forks. Is it just the Cullens or are there others? As far as she knew, Talia had let her know that Deaton was the one to ask questions.

"Talia, why do werewolves have different colored eyes?" A young Nova asked as the two of them sat in the living room munching on popcorn. Talia thought over the question before smiling, "Each color represents the rank or the standing of the werewolf. Red for alpha, gold for beta, and blue for killer."

"Is there a green?" Nova asks as she sits up excitedly and Talia chuckles, pulling the young girl into her lap, "I think the best person to ask all your curious questions to is Deaton."

"Why?"

"Because he knows a lot about the supernatural. If you ever are stuck and need help, ask Deaton."

Nova smiles at the memory before jumping a little at Jess who pokes her head over Nova's shoulder.

"Jess!" Nova grasps her chest and tries to calm her breathing down. Jess laughs before wiggling her eyebrows, "So, how was your date with Cullen?"

"It wasn't a date." Nova points out as they enter the school. They pass Eric's locker and there, Angela joins them to their lockers.

"Yeah, yeah," Jess waves it off and Nova smiles, "It was good, though."

"Excuse me, Nova?" Edward butts in and smiles warmly at her friends, "Could I borrow her a moment?"

Jess and Angela stare on gobsmacked at him before nodding fervently, "Go ahead."

"Thank you." His voice melts their hearts as they sigh in content watching their friend follow the handsome boy to the stairwell.

"Well, good morning, Edwardo." Nova says and Edward scowls, "Never call me that again."

Nova smirks before leaning closer, "Ok. What did you want to say?"

Edward pulls her in closer and kisses her cheek softly, "Leave your window open tonight. I'm coming over."

He leaves with a small wink and she blushes before stuttering, "Y-you know we have a door!"

"But this is more fun," Edward says before leaving her breathless by the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm hooome!" Nova calls out through the door as she enters and she sees Charlie coming out from the living room. He grins at her and welcomes her, "Hey, kiddo. Come on, let me introduce you to my best friend."

Nova follows him into the room to see another man with long black hair. He sat on a wheelchair with a blanket over his body. Nova smiles at him and shakes his hand, "Hello, I'm Nova Hale."

Charlie snaps his head to her, "Hale? You remembered your last name?"

"Yes, actually." Nova nods and Charlie frowns but doesn't speak on it. The man in front of them smiles brightly, "Might your mother be Talia Hale?"

"Adoptive mother, yes."

"Oh, my, it's an honor to meet you. Your mother is an incredible leader, indeed. Do send my regards to her. But how are you here?"

"She was a terrific leader, yes," Nova responds, "I actually got injured by an animal and wandered here through the woods."

"She didn't remember where she was or anything. Quite an extraordinary case. Her memory slips through from time to time. Let me get us some more chips. Sour cream alright with you two?"

The two nod as Charlie leaves and the man's smile falls, "I am incredibly sorry about your loss. She was truly a wonderful leader. You are not a werewolf, I presume?"