15

"Happy Birthday, Bella!" Mike cheers as Nova and Bella pull into the parking lot. Bella had gotten acquainted with them since she joined school, and now is a very inclusive member. Nova twirls her hand in her hair nonchalantly as Bella talks about having to take pictures for her new scrapbook.

"Get in here, Nova!" Jess exclaims as she pulls the girl in for a tight hug while smiling brightly at the lens. Nova smiles softly at the lens before scooting away after the flash goes off.

"When's your birthday, Nova?" Bella asks curiously and everyone goes silent. Everybody else knew that Nova never knew her exact birthday because she didn't remember it. Even in Beacon Hills, she never really celebrated it. Just the day she got accepted into the Hale family.

"Oh, look, there's your boyfriend," Mike points out to Nova and she silently thanks him for changing the subject. She turns to the Volvo and smiles brightly when her gorgeous man starts to walk towards her.

"Your boyfriend is really attractive. You're lucky," Bella smirks at Nova who nods, "I am."

Edward reaches Nova, his layered shirt grazing her striped off the shoulder one. He leans down and places a kiss on her lips and she smiles into it.

"Happy Birthday, Bella." Edward says after the kiss and Bella beams, "Thank you, Edward."

"There's someone here to see you," Nova nods as a certain teen walks over to Bella. Bella gasps and rushes over, "Jacob!"

Over the past few months, Bella and Nova had hung out with Jacob, getting to know him. Nova could safely say that Jacob had a major crush on Bella.

Edward places soft kisses along Nova's temple and she cuddles into his cold embrace, "I missed you."

"So how old are you supposed to be?" Edward says as they all head into school. Bella looks at Nova who shrugs, "Seventeen, this year. I know I'm younger."

"Technically you're my age." Edward whispers and Nova smirks just as Alice jumps up to them, handing Bella a gift, "Happy Birthday!"

"Wow, thank you!" Bella smiles warmly as Alice whispers to her, "You'll love it. And you'll wear it to our house tonight. Birthday party."

Bella smiles and nods while Alice slides to Nova, "And we are celebrating you too."

"What for?"

"Because you deserve it." Alice winks before strutting off with Jasper who wishes Bella and waves to Nova.

"Well, that was super nice." Bella says as Nova nods, "They are nice."

"This is your famous Volturi?" Nova asks as she looks up at the painting in Carlisle's office. She studies it carefully, listening to Edward explain who they were.

"Vampires have laws, too, interesting." Nova nods as Edward continues, "Simple laws. Can't have too many humans know of us, and if we do step out of boundaries, then we die."

Nova nods before saying, "What happens to you if you turn someone?"

Edward rolls his eyes, "Nova, not this again."

"Edward, we both know you'll have to do it at some point. At least so I can protect you and myself."

"It's my job to protect you. Plus, you already protect me in your own way. Just by breathing and calming me down to be a better... vegetarian." Edward uses a lighter word and Nova giggles before kissing his lips sweetly.

"Well, protect you from everyone, but my sister." Edward says just as Alice skips into the room to pull them to the living room.

"It's time for gifts!" She exclaims as she starts handing presents to Bella. Nova hugs Rosalie and places her head on the blonde's shoulder, "Hey, Rose."