six

JENNIE'S POV

"She must really be close to Rosé's family," Jisoo whispers to me, as we both watch Lisa and Rosé sit beside each other on the celebrant's family table.

I pried my eyes away from them and focused on my plate, stuffing my mouth with food.

I just want this night to be over. Dammit.

My eyes widened as I suddenly swallowed a large chunk of food, making me choke. Fuck. I looked over my wine glass but it's empty.

Suddenly, a glass of water was placed in front of me and I was surprised to see it coming from directly in front of me. I wasted no time and chugged it down my throat.

"Jen you okay?" Jisoo asked, both of her and Suho only noticing my foolishness when the rude—okay, Jaebeom—placed his water glass on me.

I heaved deep and nodded while wiping my teary right eye with a napkin.

"Thanks," I mumbled, not sure if Jaebeom heard but he obviously did as I saw him still staring—with a look that says he's so done with me as he run his fingers through his hair.

The beat around got louder and more people went to dance floor as the music became more lively.

"Let's dance!" Suho suddenly exclaimed, his head already bopping to the beat. He rolled his eyes when no one responded, "Come on, the four of us! Irene will kill me if I went there alone with some girl or something."

"Then just go alone?" I told him.

"You're no fun!" he protested.

I frowned when Jisoo stood up, turning to me.

"Not you too, Chu."

"What? I'm bored and I'm not leaving you here if you thought I'd let you sulk here the whole night."

"I'm not..." I sighed, giving up when she gave me a warning glare, and I knew she was right. I could at least enjoy the night while waiting for it to end.

Suho, on the other hand, was in charge of forcing his cousin to the dance floor.

Once we hit the dance floor, I let my body go along with the beat freely, closing my eyes as I felt the rhythm control my body.

"Yeah! That's more like it!" Suho grins as he watched the three of us. Surprisingly, his cousin got the moves too. He eventually smiled a little while Jisoo and Suho goofed around.

"Uh oh," I hear Jisoo say beside me. My eyes darted to Lisa and Rosé when I followed her line of sight.

I almost shuddered under Lisa's longing gaze when our eyes met for a second.

I didn't even realize they were heading near us.

"Hey it's the birthday girl," Suho grinned, giving her a tight hug that she squealed at, "Happy birthday couz!"

"Wait you're cousins?" Jisoo asked. I was surprised as well.

"Yeah the three of us are," Rosé smiled as she motioned for Suho and Jaebeom. Oh.

Lisa silently watched as the three of us greeted Rosé.

"Happy birthday," I was the last one to greet.

"Thanks! I'm so glad you two came," she beams.

"Well, it's fun!" Jisoo said in a high-pitch tone as she swayed her body to the beat, making all of us laugh as we danced.

It annoyed me how somehow she still managed to have Lisa all to herself in the dancefloor. Of course, they went here to dance with each other in the first place.