ten

JENNIE'S POV

"Happy third, baby!" Lisa chuckled as she squirmed on her bed, slowly dozing off.

My eyes darted to Rosé, who then looked at me too. I was the one surprised because she didn't react like I expected, instead, she just gave me a small smile.

"She kept talking about you even when drunk, so I figured..."

"Oh."

I sat on the bed, unable to stop myself from trying to make Lisa sleep comfortably by removing her shoes.

"She also made me swear I wouldn't tell anyone."

I shifted my gaze back to Lisa's face, who's now sleeping heavily like a kid.

"...I guess I'll keep my promise."

"Thank you, Rosé," I gave her a genuine smile.

I knew Rosé is a nice girl. Even the fact that she had a past with Lisa, and that her presence makes me feel uneasy, I can still sense it.

Silently, went out of Lisa's room. Her eyes flew to the table that Lisa set-up for our anniversary.

"Thank you for bringing her here safely," I said, catching her attention.

"No worries," she smiles, "But that girl's weight is no joke. Didn't see that one coming."

She stretched her arm back and forth, making me laugh.

I wanted to ask her questions. Why did Lisa drink that heavily? Why tonight, of all days? And why... with her?

But I decided otherwise. I want to ask Lisa myself... when she's sober.

~

"Shit!" my eyes watered when I accidentally wounded my finger with a knife while preparing a hangover soup for Lisa.

I wrapped a small towel on it first as I turned on the stove, putting all the ingredients on the casserole.

I unwrapped the towel on my finger, my blood stains visible on the white cloth. I bit my lip while looking at the cut, it looks a bit deep.

"What's wrong?"

I froze when I heard Lisa's husky voice. She's holding her head as if it's too heavy, obviously having a bad hangover.

Her eyes narrowed on the blood stains. I quickly hid it from her, not wanting her to worry.

"Just a small cut because of my clumsiness. How are you feeling?"

I stepped closer, only to be towered by her worried face.

"Jen let me see," she slides her hand on my arm, pulling it out for her to see. She sucked in a deep breath when she saw the cut.

She shook her head, guiding me towards the sink. She turned on the faucet then put pressure on my finger as she let it bleed under the tap water.

"You should be more careful," she says from beside me, "What happened?"

"It's just a small cut," I laughed lightly, trying to brighten the mood but it's of no use, she still remained serious, "I made you a soup for your hangover."

"You didn't have to..."

I smiled at her, "I looked up the internet for that one, I don't even know how it tastes so don't thank me yet. You know I wasn't made for the kitchen."

And it's true. I don't really know my way in the kitchen so I woke up a bit early while trying to strictly follow everything in the internet.

"Baby, it's fine. You don't have to work your way to my heart through my stomach," she turns off the faucet and faces me while wrapping the other side of the towel on my wound, then smiled down on me, "Do nothing and I'll still love you endlessly, what more when you try to make an at least edible soup like this?"