thirty one

A/N: I miss Jenlisa :(( this Jenlisa drought is too much lmao

-lisa-

"You're drinking again," Rosé sighed, placing her bag on the floor before sitting beside me on the couch.

"Can't sleep," I reasoned, then proceeded to take a long swig from the can of beer, emptying it out then placed it back on the table.

She frowned, eyes on the three empty cans of beer on the table.

"Lisa," she says, in a tone that I know is about to give me life long lectures, "The last time you've been drinking like this was months ago, when you came back from New York... then at the year end party."

I shrugged, "So?"

"Both times, you saw her after a long time."

"I don't really know where you're getting at. I'm just drinking, Chipmunk. Nothing deep," I said, reaching for the last can on the table to drink when she suddenly snatched it away. I glared at her, "Give that back."

"Nothing deep? Lisa, you were drunk on our last night in Santa Monica. She called me to check on you, then when I got on your hotel room you were crying until you passed out," she sighed, looking at me with sympathetic eyes. "And since then you've been drinking your life away. It's been more than a week, Lisa. You're always late at work, you look tired everytime I see you."

I looked away, memories of that night flooding through my mind. The next morning, even with my hangover, I managed to convince Rosé to leave. Of course she had to drive all the way back.

I haven't seen Jennie since then.

She's not making it harder anyways... but I'm afraid I'll have no choice but meet her again soon, for our project.

"Stop acting like you're my mom, Rosie," I rolled my eyes.

"Then stop acting like a child!" she sternly said.

That annoyed the hell out of me.

I turned to her angrily, "Then leave me alone!"

No one can understand how helpless I feel. I've tried to forget her. When I was on that goddamn hospital bed, barely able to move, I think about her all the time. That was all I could do that time, think about her, love her, hurt... When I recovered from my accident and went after her, I tried to forget her for real. I got wasted every single day for the first few weeks, slept with other girls just so I wouldn't feel lonely even just for the night parts, but none of them could mend my broken parts. I couldn't hold them the way I would hold Jennie to sleep, so I'd leave them before I even fall asleep.

When I saw her again during the year end party, it got me scared. I have managed to fool myself believing I was slowly forgetting her, but all it took was seeing her again. I was back to square one.

And finally, when I got to work with her again. Maybe I managed to fool her that I'm alright, but my drunk state weeks ago exposed my reality. I haven't even slept with any other girl since we started working together. Heck, I tried. But when I saw her at that bar, drunk and shouting at a man who took advantage of her, I ran to her so fast it scared me I would leave everyone behind for her. When I saw her look at the woman during our last night at Santa Monica beach, the look that I know she gave when she's jealous, I lost it.

I even snapped at that woman when she approached me that night, sending her away from me with a scowl on her face.

"I will not!" Rosé scooted closer, the flares from her eyes slowly melting as she touched my arm.

I took a sharp breath before finally relaxing, leaning my head on her shoulder, she wrapped both arms on my shoulders.

"I won't leave you to hurt alone, Lis," she sighed.