thirty five

Last chapter.

-lisa-

"You're such a workaholic," my fiancée huffed, going around my desk to come up to me.

I looked at her, startled, before removing my reading glasses and placing it just on top of the pile of papers I am working on. I didn't even notice she entered my office and placed a packed lunch on the coffee table.

I pushed back from the table, sitting straight on my swivel chair as she lowered herself to sit on my lap, place her arms around me and greet me with a sweet kiss.

I lightly squeezed her little frame with my arms. She's always looked so small and fragile in my arms that I wanted nothing but to hold her delicately.

"I missed you so much," I pouted, playfully rubbing my nose on hers.

These days I've been extremely busy with work. I help with the wedding preparations too, but Jennie takes care of most of it because I have some huge projects upcoming, so we really don't have much time to see each other.

Her lips curled up, her fingertips lightly massaging my temples as she looked at me under her long, pretty lashes. "Kuku missed you too."

She named our dog Kuku. Actually, I gave him Kuku as a gift for her birthday. Surprisingly, Kuku gets along well with my cats. Jennie and I were so delighted, it would've been such a headache to have my cats and a dog in our house once we get married.

It's been a year since we got back together and three months since I asked her to marry me. Just the mere memory of seeing her smile that night, the way her eyes glistened with happy tears.... I'm so thrilled to spend the rest of my life with her.

And since I've been really busy for the past few weeks, I've been convincing Jennie to move in with me already but she never gave in. She kept teasing me that I couldn't wait a few more weeks until we get married to move in together. Also, she's been staying at her parents' for a while now. They wanted to spend time with her as much as they can before I claim their daughter as my wife, and I wanted to give them that.

"Just Kuku?" I pressed my frown on her lips.

She rolled her eyes with a smile, "I missed you so much but you seem to love your work more, so who am I to complain? All I ask is for you to visit our son once in a while. I don't want Kuku to grow up forgetting what you look like," she crossed her arms.

I stifled a laugh, resting my chin on her shoulder, "Oh please, some of our children are living with me too and lately, you're not visiting them too. Leo's being grumpy. Besides, Kuku will understand, it's for our future."

Her cat-like eyes glared down on me, "Lalisa Manoban, I swear to God, once we actually have a child and you're still that workaholic-"

I interrupted her with a kiss, then grinned.

"I'll always be there," I promised, cupping her face with both hands as I looked at her deeply, "And I'll give you the happiest family. You'll be the happiest mom and wife, Jennie Kim. I promise you that."

She leaned on my touch, her stares soft as she placed her hands on top of mine, "I know you will. I can't believe we're actually getting married... back in the day, you've promised to marry me a lot of times."

Gently resting her head on my shoulder, she wrapped her arms on my neck while I hugged her tighter.

"I knew we'll get there someday."

We stayed like that for a while, enjoying each other's warmth before she forced me out of my desk to eat my lunch that she prepared.

~