fifteen

-jennie-

I woke up with a familiar scent swarming up my nose, making my lips curve up.

Then memories from last night came rushing in, my eyes shot open.

I'm at Lisa's...

Nervousness collided with this warm feeling I felt as I remembered how Lisa made me stay by her side last night.

But where is she?

The answer came when the door suddenly opened, and my own reflex made me shut my eyes and pretend to sleep still.

I can feel my heart leaning out my chest when I heard her footsteps slowly approaching the bed.

Why the hell did I even pretend to sleep? It's making me a nervous wreck.

I gulped when I felt hot knowing very well it's all because of her heavy gaze on me. Spending years with Lisa made us somehow connected. I know whenever she thinks of me with just one look. I know because there's this smile she makes, or used to make, that assures me I am the reason why they're sweeter than her normal smile.

And even when I'm not looking, I know whenever she's looking at me.

I felt her weight on the other side of the bed with her loud intake of sharp breath.

"I spent years staring at you until you wake up and you thought I wouldn't know when you're pretending to be asleep?"

Fuck.

My heart started racing, both from nervousness and because of her words.

No, she's probably just testing me so I stayed still with my eyes closed.

She sighed again but this time, I felt the puff of air on my cheeks. Her body heat tells me that she's leaning over.

I almost ran out of breath when I felt her hand over mine which is right above my stomach.

"You're not this prim and proper kind of sleeper, Jen," I swear I think I heard her chuckle a bit. I think my heart skipped another beat, too.

I would've been ashamed if it isn't my Lisa we're talking about. I know we broke up already and things are awkward for us, that's actually lead me to this kind of situation, but she never really made me feel like I'm capable of being stupid enough to feel ashamed. She glorified me that way, and now I just really want her back.

"Come on now, I won't judge you for being such a bad actor," her soothing voice is almost playful.

I faked a yawn and rubbed my eyes a bit before slowly opening it.

Fake gasping as I laid my eyes on her, I actually was stunned seeing her gorgeous face this close after so long.

The smile on her face slowly slipped out as we stared at one another. After a while, she cleared her throat and was the first one to look away.

"I wasn't really in the condition to cook so I ordered my hangover soup from your favorite Thai restaurant," she scratches her neck awkwardly, "And I ordered some of your favorite dishes too, you know, to thank you and apologize for the inconvenience."

"Lisa you were never an inconvenience to me," I placed my hand on her cheeks quickly that I didn't even had enough time to process what I was doing.

I watched as her mouth fell agape as she stared at me.

"I-I'm sorry," I lowered my hand and sat up.

"It's fine, I'll just prepare the food," she stood up and went to leave.