thirty three

The brunette, slowly waking up from her slumber, felt a tug on her heart the moment she opened her eyes. There's nothing surprising about her morning, though. At dawn, she slept with the same heavy heart knowing Lisa left. She woke up at the same time Lisa closed the door behind her.

She knew it would be hard for them to start anew, with Lisa's walls being too high for her to conquer-but somehow she still clings on to this tiny little hope that someday, Lisa will let her.

For another 3 days, she didn't hear anything from Lisa. She tried not to dwell on it, wanting to give the blonde some space. Rosé told her Lisa's busying herself with work, intentionally.

Did Lisa regret that night? Jennie wondered.

She tried not to text, call or even visit her, but on the third night she just couldn't help it anymore. She missed Lisa terribly, and the hollow feeling inside her chest is making her anxious.

She tried to type a message, but always ends up removing it before she even presses the send button.

It's already Friday night, surely Lisa's office hours are already over.

She stared long and hard at Lisa's phone number, her fingers doing the work for her when she finds herself waiting for Lisa to pick up the phone call.

Slowly, she began to panic-until she heard the ringing stop. Lisa picked up the call.

She bit her lip, "Hey-"

"Hi Jennie, it's Hee Jin."

Her stomach dropped. "Oh."

"I'm sorry, Lisa's in the shower and I saw your caller ID.... If it's something about work I can pass the message to her if you want-oh wait, here she is. Lisa! It's Jennie."

Jennie heard some shuffling sound. Her knees felt weak as she waited for Lisa to speak.

Jealousy got her and it's making her eyes swell with tears knowing Lisa didn't exactly got back with her.

"Jennie," Lisa breathes out heavily.

The brunette cursed inside her head now that she's afraid to talk, knowing her voice might just break and make it obvious for Lisa that she's on the verge of crying.

Was that why Lisa didn't stay that night? Was that why Lisa didn't contact her for three days now?

"It's-It's not what you think, Jen," Lisa quietly muttered after a long silence.

"I-It's okay," Jennie's voice was shaking. She bit her lip.

Of course Lisa sensed that, muttering after another short silence, "Are you crying?"

"No-" her voice broke. Dammit. Now tears are flowing on her cheeks yet again. "I'm sorry," she mumbled.

"I'll come by your office on Monday, after our meeting."

"Okay..."

"Jennie?" Lisa softly called her name.

Her heart throbbed. Jennie inhaled sharply, "Yeah?"

"Stop crying," Lisa mumbled, "Please."

The way Lisa asked her to stop crying made her want to cry even more. She wasn't being mean. It was the way she softly said it that reminded her of her Lisa.

Back when she was sure Lisa was hers, the latter would do anything just to prevent her from crying. Warm, strong arms would wrap on her gently with Lisa's soft, plump lips on her temple, showering her with tiny kisses until she calms down.