nineteen

-lisa-

Shock was an understatement.

And basing on Niki's face, I tried to search for a better word but came up with nothing to describe the look on her face.

I can still feel Jennie's lips on mine although she already pulled away, her hand on my nape as one hand pulled my chin back to get back my attention from Niki.

My breathing was heavy as I tried to understand what's going on in her mind, but the sexy smile on her lips were telling me she's not planning to let me inside her head.

"Where have you been, Love? You weren't answering my calls," she pouts cutely, one hand on my shoulder while the other one runs on my nape and jaw smoothly.

I sucked in some air to calm my nerves.

"I-I..." I bit my lip.

Jennie suddenly turned towards Niki with a shock expression on her face, "Oh, you're still there. I'm sorry, that was rude of me. Were you calling for Lisa earlier?"

Niki's brows furrows, but she takes a step toward us. I awkwardly turned my body to face her as she hands me a pair of earphones, "You dropped this."

"Oh. Thanks," I slowly reached for it on her hand, smiling awkwardly.

"No problem hottie," she winks, suddenly wearing a grin on her face.

She then turned to Jennie with an electrifying gaze, "I didn't know you two are together."

Jennie smiled at her, while her hand rans up on my arm then clings to it, sweetly glancing at me, "But we look good together, yes?"

"Kinda," Niki smiles, biting her lip, "Yeah."

Okay, this is really weird.

"Kidding. We're just keeping it low sometimes," Jennie tells her, "So where were you guys?"

Niki runs her fingers through her hair then directs a smile at me, "Oh, sorry about that. We lost track of time enjoying each other on the other side of the campus."

Jennie raised a brow at her, then at me.

Dammit Niki. That sounded wrong.

"Uh, yeah, we were just playing in the... playground, yeah," I chuckled nervously under Jennie's gaze, "Of course, people play in playgrounds."

She suddenly raised her hand to my face, I would've flinched if it were any other woman, but this was Jennie we're talking about.

She used her thumb and index finger to pinch my cheeks, "You really are a kid at heart, such a cutie."

I tried to smile although her pinch makes it hard for me. I hope my smile didn't look horrible.

Niki clears her throat, catching our attention.

"So, I better go. See you around Jennie. Hottie," she smiles sweetly at me again while we nod our head towards her before she finally turns on her heels to leave.

A deafening silence suddenly filled Niki's absence.

Jennie's hand was brought back to the strap of her sling bag and as I looked at her, she looked away.

We were really not used to fighting over jealousy before but...

"Jennie..." I caught her hand in mine.

She remained silent, still too stubborn to even look at me. Well, at least she didn't pull her hand away from me.

"Nini," I called her again, this time she turned to me with raised brows.