twenty seven

-jennie-

"God it's been so long since I went to the beach!" Jisoo chirped from the passenger seat.

I grinned, knowing I've did a great job using this part of my job as a way to unwind with my bestfriend.

It's a three hour drive to Santa Monica beach, where we will launch an event in a few months. I'm coming to check on the place and settle some plans there with my team and Mr. Jeon's for two days. I'll be extending my stay for three days and brought along Jisoo to take advantage of the beautiful spot. That's also why I chose to drive and not bring along our family driver. God knows I could use some vacation.

"You can roam around or come with me during mornings but I can't promise you won't be bored while I'm working," I told her, "But I promise I'll be free the rest of the day, same on Saturday. Sunday, I'm all yours."

It's Thursday night and some of my team will arrive tomorrow morning. When we arrived, we decided to eat first on a fine restaurant near the shore. The seafood really tasted good and the cool wind as we ate was relaxing. I would definitely love to come back here one day with no work involved.

"Here's the key to your room," a hotel staff gave us our keys to our separate rooms, but they are actually connected.

Another reason why we chose to stay on this hotel is we're having public figures stay here while promoting through the event, so I decided to try it out myself to make sure it's a good one.

"This hotel looks nice," Jisoo grinned while her eyes roam the interior of the lounge as we walk to the elevator, "Do you want to order some alcohol—"

"I need to get up early tomorrow Chu," I reminded her, "But! On Saturday night we can. How's that?"

"Sounds good," she winked, walking towards her hotel room door while then yawned, "Goodnight Jendeuki."

"Night, Chu."

I fell asleep almost as soon as I laid on the soft bed of the hotel, only to be waken up by my alarm clock the next morning.

It's already 6 in the morning when I finished dressing up. I wore a short yellow sun dress today with thin straps and a chic, classic beach hat.

I smiled at my reflection, satisfied of how I looked.

Seeing that I still have some time, I decided to check on Jisoo first and entered a door linking us to the same living room before I went for another door that will directly link me to her room. I went here last night before I washed up because I borrowed her hat I'm wearing a right now.

"Jisoo?" I knocked twice. I wanted to ask her if she want to come with me because my job will require me to be all over the place, I'm sure she'll love to look around.

When she didn't answer, I proceeded to open it.

I smiled a bit seeing that her whole body except her feet and her brunette hair are hidden under the covers. Tiptoeing a little, I grabbed her foot.

"Chu, wake up," I whispered. Knowing she's a heavy sleeper, I tried tickling her on her heels, "Chu—"

"Mm—" I heard Jisoo moan in irritation, her pitch a little higher than usual, but my mind stopped working the moment another pair of feet slid out of the covers as Jisoo yawned and stretched her arms out.

"AHHHHH!" I screamed my heart out of shock, placing both my hands on my chest as I backed away while another scream, much sharper than Jisoo's, mixed with mine.

"Shit! What! What?" Jisoo screamed too, startled the moment she opened her eyes and looked around, until it landed on me... and to a blonde woman beside her, who I suppose is the owner of the feet I just tickled.