twenty two

Jisoo wraps her arm around Jennie, while Rosé held the latter's hand tight.

"She's stable now," the doctor told Lisa's parents, making all of them sigh in relief after a two-hour long operation.

Jennie has been up all night since the accident. The brunette was the one the hospital called as Lisa kept repeating her name again and again while being rushed to the hospital.

Mrs. Manoban, just like Jennie, is a crying mess while her husband consoled her, both of them not bringing up the fact that Jennie wasn't supposed to be there.

"Jen you should sleep," Rosé mumbled tiredly after waking up from her nap on the couch, only to find the brunette still seated beside Lisa's bed, holding the latter's hand for dear life.

Jisoo, on the other hand, just came back, carrying for cups of coffee with one hand, while a half empty one with another.

"I want to be here when she wakes up, Rosie..." Jennie's usually held back shoulders were slumped as she looked at her unconscious other half.

It is now 6 in the morning and the doctors just removed the machine connected to Lisa's body minutes ago, but the bandage wrapped around Lisa's eyes were still there.

Rosé exchanged glances with Jisoo as they worried about their helpless friends.

"I heard Lisa's mom talking to your parents on the phone," Jisoo states while placing the cups of coffee on the table, getting two and extending it to her friends, "They were asking if you could stay... in the country, at least for a few more days."

Jennie almost forgot that her flight is just almost an hour away, and her parents probably are already freaking out wondering where the hell she is if Jisoo didn't think of informing them earlier.

Jennie shifted her empty eyes to Jisoo, and it was scary for the latter. Not literally though. It's just that Jennie looks so lost and hopeless as of the moment, not caring anymore about what's happening around her. If anything, her mind is probably as unconscious as Lisa's right now. Jisoo felt her heart ache for her friend.

"I can't leave her like this..." Jennie brought her coffee down to the table and ran her hands on her face in exhaustion, "This is all my fault."

"It's not your fault," Jisoo frowned at her friend for blaming herself once again, "It was an accident, Jennie. Don't ever blame yourself for that, understood?"

Jennie can only nod, trying to convince herself that it really isn't her fault because technically, it really wasn't... but she can't help but take the blame because... it's Lisa, the one person who's willing to sacrifice everything for her. The one person who got hurt while trying to save her from all the pain the world inflicts on her.

God, why can't it be me instead?

"Wake up, please, Lis?" Jennie sobs with Lisa's hand on her lips.

It's been three days, and today was supposed to be their graduation so Jisoo wasn't around, as well as Rosé. Lisa's parents went back to work today, while Jennie still refused to leave Lisa's side all this time that even her parents can't do anything about it.

"Baby I miss you so much," now Jennie couldn't control her tears from falling.

She never thought she's capable of crying this much for a long time. It should be tiring, but for her crying is her only way of letting out the pain of seeing Lisa everyday, unconscious on this hospital bed.

She made the choice to leave Lisa before, yet the pain that came with that choice was nothing compared to being physically close to the unconscious woman right now.