twenty eight

When Jisoo and Rosé offered both Jennie and Lisa to have lunch, and God knows how awkward it was for them to ask the ex-lovers, they were more than surprised that Lisa was the first one to accept the offer so casually.

Jennie didn't know what to feel about it. She felt like being around Lisa makes it difficult for her to breathe, moreso that there will be no work involved. Aside from that, Lisa's reactions since they met months ago during the year-end party never failed to make a hollow feeling inside her chest.

They say the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference.

The thought of Lisa being indifferent towards her isn't just weird. It's painful for the brunette, though she hardly admits to herself because of the guilt she feels. The guilt that prevents her from wanting the blonde back is the same guilt that tells her Lisa doesn't deserve her love. She deserves more than what Jennie feels for her. That her own feelings doesn't matter, as long as Lisa is happy now.

And if being around Jennie doesn't matter to Lisa, then it shouldn't affect her either. The least she can do for the blonde is not make things harder for her.

So here they are now, awkwardly waiting on an outdoor restaurant for their food to be served.

Jennie had to admit that Jisoo is a great friend when the latter chose to sit with her so she wouldn't have to sit beside Lisa. The only problem is she's right in front of her and she's never felt this conscious before.

"So how's work?" Rosé broke off the silence, looking at her bestfriend then to Jennie.

Lisa shrugged, "Went pretty well, but it was tiring. Right Jennie?"

Jennie panicked when Lisa's doe eyes rose to meet her feline ones, but successfully managed to hide it with a nod, "Yeah. W-What about you two?" she diverted the attention to the lovers, who looked at each other with a blush.

By the look they shared, Jennie was reminded of what she saw that morning. Instead of being embarrassed, this time the reaction of the two amused her, making her smirk.

"We had fun roaming around," Jisoo answered quickly.

"I bet you did," Jennie smiled maliciously.

The smile on her lips slowly felt awkward when she accidentally made eye contact with Lisa.

Jennie straightened up in surprise, while Lisa chose to hid hers by grabbing the glass of water in front of her to sip.

While they are trying their best to avoid each other's gaze, their bestfriends beside them are doing the complete opposite, looking as if they're itching to ditch them so they could sit beside each other.

"Oh, to be young and in love," an old woman says, smiling to Jisoo and Rosé whose hands above the table were untangled just so the woman could finally place the food on it. Jisoo blushed while Rosé smiled wider. The woman chuckled, "Your relationship must be new, you two look too adorable."

Jennie looked up to the woman in amusement.

"Yes we are," Rosé giggled, "Is it that obvious, Ma'am?"

"New couples never lose their fire. I see my husband and I from you two when we were new," the woman grinned, "Enjoy your meal ladies."

Rosé, Jisoo and Jennie thanked her, while Lisa just smiled.

The woman's comments must have made the couple on an awfully cheery mood because now they couldn't help but feed each other right in front of the ex lovers.

"Ah," Lisa scrunched her face at the two, "Get a room you two!"

Jennie laughed at that one, making Lisa smile like a natural reaction whenever she hears that angelic laughter.