thirteen

-jennie-

"He's stupid, really stupid," Jaebeom exclaims, shaking his head.

Instead of defending my ex from this man like I would've done even if we already broke up, this time I chose to look away and say nothing.

Seeing her earlier with a beautiful girl I've never seen before irritates me in an empty classroom-breathe, Jennie.

It hasn't even been a month! She wouldn't-she didn't really mean it when she said she's already with someone else, did she? My deserate self has been trying to ignore her words regarding that matter but I don't know...

When I first saw them, the girl was putting back her jacket. And it wasn't even hot! I was pertaining to the weather and the way she did it. No, Lisa wouldn't find her hot. Fuck, she better not.

But what if she did? I don't even have the right, I mean, Lisa's not mine anymore.

I thought maybe she's with Rosé somehow, but that night of our anniversary when I talked to Rosé... I kinda felt at peace with her. Like I can't really trust Lisa with her but I realized that she's decent enough to not try anything stupid. But I didn't see this one coming.

"If I were him I'd never make you cry, Jen..." said Jaebeom.

I remained looking out of the window.

When I saw a couple walking hand-in-hand on the side walk after the girl kissed the guy on the cheek, I was reminded again of the way the girl kissed Lisa like that.

I've never wanted to strangle someone to death this hard in my life.

And I've never been this hurt and scared with Lisa before. I miss her so bad. She's been avoiding me for days. But whenever I do see her, it just hurts me more. Sometimes because I desperately ask for her to come back and get rejected, and another time, because I saw her with someone else.

"Lucky bastard," I hear Jaebeom whisper, making me turn to him.

"What?"

"Your boyfriend, he's lucky-"

"Ex," I corrected him.

His eyes widened while his jaw fell.

"Yeah, I get that a lot," I averted my eyes from him once again, remembering the shock on my friends' face when I told them that Lisa broke up with me.

"I... sorry, I didn't know. Are you okay? Was that why you were crying?" he askes. I felt his hand on my shoulder. When I turned to him, I saw worry in his eyes.

I forced up a smile, "I'm fine now, sorry for dragging you in this. I've been a mess lately. And she broke up with me weeks ago. Earlier I saw her with someone else, so..."

In another situation I would've laughed at him being shocked when I told him my ex is a she. I let him recover until he finally nodded as if saying he won't ask any more questions about this issue.

If Lisa would see us right now, she would've been furious to see me with Jaebeom. But that was before. Wait a minute...

"Jaebeom," I gripped his arm a little desperately. His eyes went back and forth between me and my grip. His face turned a little red. I looked at him with pleading eyes, "Make her jealous."

"W-What?" If earlier his pace was only a little red, now his face is flushed all over. Oh, even his ears are red.

"Lisa. Make her jealous. Can you help me? Please?"

"Lisa?" his eyes widened once again. Poor man, he's faced too many surprised today, but he's my only chance.

"Please? I think maybe I can win her back if she gets jealous. I know I sound crazy right now, but I'll do anything to have her want me back. I'll do everything you'll ask for!" I didn't even realize I was leaning on him too much that he's now awkwardly leaning back on the door, but honestly, I don't care. I don't even care about how stupid I sound right now.