thirty

The beauty of the night was laid before their eyes, the four of them now dressed into dry clothes as they sat on some beach chairs, loud music surrounding them as tourists scattered all around the shore, some were swimming, some dancing to the music, while others, like them, were just chilling while drinking.

Jennie and Lisa were seated on the opposite sides with Jisoo and Rosé between them, when Rosé stood up to get some more snacks from a nearby stall.

"I missed this," Jisoo suddenly blurted out, dropping each arm on Jennie and Lisa's shoulders, then grinned at them widely, "I feel like we're back in college once again!"

Jennie knew Jisoo was only half drunk, but it was enough to make her friend sentimental.

"Feeling a bit dramatic now, are you, Chu?" Lisa teased, emptying her can before dropping it on the table then using the same hand to hang it around the latter's arm, too.

"Whatever, Lis. I'm serious."

Jennie felt Lisa's fingers brush her shoulder accidentally, their eyes suddenly finding each other briefly.

Lisa was the one to look away first. "Yeah, I missed having a lot of free time."

"Son of a bitch," Jisoo took a sharp intake of breath.

"What?" Lisa asked, confused.

Her eyes followed where Jisoo's suddenly were, and it's directed on some guy who's obviously trying to hit on Rosé.

Jisoo stood up in a hurry, as if she's all of a sudden sober.

That left Jennie and Lisa alone on their seats, Lisa following Jisoo with her eyes and an amused half smile. Jennie thought of how that smile never failed to make her heart skip a beat.

She looked away before Lisa catches her staring.

"I've never seen her jealous before," Lisa chuckled softly.

Jennie decided to ignore her heart hammering and be a good bestfriend instead. "She's drunk. I'll just make sure she wouldn't get in trouble."

"I don't think she will," Lisa said, sitting still as Jennie ignored her and continued her way to the lovers.

Lisa's eyes this time followed the brunette, a bitter smile forming on her lips as she watched her go away.

Her brows then furrowed when Jennie's pace slowed down. Jisoo, meanwhile, already stood between Rosé and the guy... who looked terribly familiar to Lisa.

The next thing she knows, she's already on her feet, following the brunette's tracks with her fists clenching as she saw the man shift his eyes to Jennie.

"Oh, it's you," the man's eyes widened while pointing his finger at Jennie.

Lisa wanted nothing but to pull Jennie back to her and shield her away from this man's stares, but before she could do any of that, Jennie's hands were already busy slamming all over the man's body, who's struggling to cover himself with his arms.

"Ouch, hey!" he protested.

"You sick, disgusting pervert!" Jennie shouted, still hitting him, "Now you're trying to go after my friend huh!"

Jisoo and Rosé looked shocked while watching them.

"I'm sorry! I was so drunk I-I thought you were sending me some mixed signals-"

"Well fuck you and fuck off before I kick your balls!"

"Like you can," he challenged, trying to gain some reputation, "Hey, stop that!"