eight

JENNIE'S POV

The loud roar of the thunder startled me the moment I stepped out of the office.

Shit, I didn't know it's raining this hard. Why does it have to be today of all days, when I don't have my umbrella with me?

I looked around the wet, busy street ahead of me as I weigh down my options. I could just run towards where my car is parked, nevermind my short legs that would make things worse and I'll probably get drenched thoroughly before I even went halfway.

Yeah, I'd be fine with that.

Taking a deep breath, I got myself ready for a run when a cold hand suddenly gripped my arm.

"What are you doing?"

Oh, it's him again.

"Jaebeom? What are you doing here?" I curiously asked as I awkwardly stood straight, his hand now back on his side.

"I attended a conference in your company. Now can you explain why you looked like you were about to do something stupid?" he shot up his brows at me, demanding for answers.

I rolled my eyes, "Getting out of here? My car's over there," I pointed at my left.

"And your brilliant idea is to run over there? Under the heavy rain?" he rolled his eyes too.

"I don't have an umbrella!"

"Obviously. Did you forget you own this company and this building, and that you could just ask someone, your own employees, to bring your car over?"

God, he's so annoying with the way he talks down on me.

"Why do you even care? I want to do things my wa—"

I was surprised with the way he draped an arm over my shoulders, pressing an umbrella, which I didn't notice he was holding until now, open.

"What are you—"

"Stop asking me stupid questions," he sternly said, his head tilting downwards a little as he eyed me carefully, "Now where is your car parked?"

Confused and a bit surprised with his supposed to be 'kindness', I pointed out exactly where my car is as we walked side by side slowly.

His arm is still securely wrapped on my shoulder while his other hand is holding the umbrella, and that's when  I was hit conscious with guilt.

Lisa was jealous of this man days ago, and here I am, being dangerously close to him.

I fumbled with my car keys, pressing the button to open my car when he reached for the handle and opened the door for me.

"Um, thanks—" I hopped in.

"Wait here," he said, closing the door for me. I watch him run towards the other side and to my surprise, he also entered my car, putting the umbrella down as he removed his wet coat.

"What are you doing?"

"Making sure you get home safely?" he smirked while fixing his hair in the mirror.

My jaw dropped. The nerve of this guy.

"Who says I'm going home? I'll drop by my friend's house."

My girlfriend's house to be exact.

"Wherever you want," he glanced at me, still with that annoying smile.

"What about you?" I asked, confused. "You can't come with me, we're not even friends!"

"Don't worry about me, my driver will follow us," he looked out on the window, tracing the drops of rain that's rolling on it, like a weirdo.

I sighed, turning my body to face him, "Look, thanks for not letting me get drenched, but you don't have to make sure I get wherever I go safely."