twenty three

Gotta be honest. It's taking me a lot longer to update because I kept thinking if I'm going through the right plot lmao. Anyways, HYLT soon! Keep supporting blinks :)

-jennie-

In movies, whenever your ex sees you after a long time, and it happened right when you're in someone else's arms, it would normally trigger jealousy.

If that someone else is just a friend, like Mino is to me, I would have acted like he was more than a friend to me to drive Lisa away-if this was a movie. But Lisa was so hurt, it was etched on her face.

I know feeling guilty is no use when I've put her in pain for so many times already, and if she's this hurt right now, I can't even imagine how hurt she was all these months that I left her.

Pain was something I managed to hide all these months I've stayed here on New York alone, and seeing her again feels like my scars popped open once again.

"Take a sit," I told her as I picked up some trashes on the floor, "Sorry I was in a hurry this morning so I haven't had time to tidy up a bit..."

When I turned to her, she's looking around my apartment mindlessly.

My apartment isn't too big, but it's large enough for a single person to live in.

"Uhm, do you want anything to drink?"

"I thought you wanted a fireplace," she dragged her stare back to me, her eyes void of any emotion.

She promised before that we'd live somewhere with a fireplace while I take my masters abroad...

I slid my shaky fingers on my jeans as I took a deep breath, "Yeah, but there's no place with one around here and it's inconvenient to put one so..."

"Yeah, inconvenient," the word sounded bitter from her lips as the side of it went up, "I forgot that's what you do when things get inconvenient for you. You just... forget about it, move on, abandon it, whatever."

She hates me.

No, Jennie, you don't have the right to cry. Don't fucking cry and have a little shame.

"L-Lisa..." I looked down on the floor as I can't look at her in the eyes anymore. Not when those eyes that used to adore me is now full of hatred.

"You were there when I woke up," it wasn't a question, but she told me that as she stepped closer to me, "I know you were there that day. Jisoo and Rosé also told me you were there the whole time I was unconscious. You didn't fly to New York for me, and I know your parents didn't force you to still leave the country when that accident happened."

"I'm so sorry," I whispered, still looking down on the floor. I was afraid I might unleash some tears and sob right then if I look into her eyes.

"Sorry? Interesting," she laughed dryly, "I tried everything to fucking reach you even when I wasn't able to move fully, Jennie. You did everything to cut me off your life and I couldn't fucking do anything when my body wasn't even cooperating!"

Every word she spat were like daggers thrown straight to my chest.

My lips wobbled as my vision became blurry with tears, "I-I'm so sorry..."

"Don't you fucking tell me you were guilty because if it were, then your fucking guilt caused me pain twice as painful as the physical pain I felt! You're a goddamn coward Jennie!"

Every word coming from her were full of spite that I couldn't help it anymore but let the tears fall.

"Fuck!" she curses, running her hands on her hair frustratedly while turning away from me.