5. Spill The Beans.

Love your parents.
We are so busy growing up,
We often forget they are also
Growing old.

-★-★-★-★-★-★-★-★-★-★-★-★-★-

#edited.

Karuna Pov

It's been past one week since that incident with Tandel's took place.

Maa is still super angry with me and trying to avoid doing any kind of conversations. But me being myself I never leave a single chance to talk to her. Sadly her replies are always in monosyllabic form but still, I didn't loose my hope.

Actually my entire family is kind off not in talking terms with me. I can't bear their ignorance. It's killing me from inside.

So, I have decided that tonight on dinner table I'll tell them the truth,
'Why I exactly rejected Raj's marriage proposal?'

Yes, I'm going to tell them the actual reason behind my denial.

I know that Raj had requested me not to do so but I don't have any other option. I will have to take this step.

Last week was very tough for me. I had tried every possible trick to pacify my parents and earn their forgiveness but not a single trick of mine did any magic to subside their anger. Now, I'll have to reveal Raj's secret.

Sorry Raj!
_______________________________________

I've prepared myself for this. Finally, I'm going to spill the beans.

Right now I'm in my room laying on the bed and curiously waiting for the dinner time.

"Dinner is ready.", Maa shouted and my face lits up.

Actually her aloud information about readiness of dinner is only for me as she can't call me personally. Why? She is not talking to me.

I descend the stairs, all excited. I want to see their reaction after knowing the actual reason behind my rejection.

I notice that they all are already being seated at the dinner table and as usual I'm the last one to join them. I pull back my chair and sat down.

Meanwhile eating, I coughed dramatically to get their undivided attention and I succeeded. As per my will everyone is looking at me specially Maa and Paa.

"I want to tell something very important.", I said.

They look at me having serious expressions plastered on their faces.

"You both want to know Why did I reject Raj, Right? I think it's high time when I should reveal everything."

"I cannot bear anymore, all this cold treatment which I've been getting since that day when I very well know that my decision is not at all wrong."

Their countenance transformed from seriousness into confusion. I'm very much enjoying it. 😜

"So, I rejected Raj because..."

I paused for few seconds to ensure that their full concentration is entirely on me.

"Because Raj is gay.", Finally, I did it.

My mother's eyes became wide and some crease lines appeared over her forehead.

Paa squeezed his brows closer in total shock and gritted his teeth in anger.

Karan's eyes and mouth copied the shape of big oval. Suddenly he started laughing like a maniac.

Paa eyed him angrily and he abruptly muted the voice of his laughter and covers his mouth behind his palms.