15. Her Last Wish

Sometimes you
have to keep your good
news to yourself.
Everybody is not
genuinely happy
for you.
_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

I went towards Raj and asked him,

"What are you doing here?"

His eyes are red, he had dark circles under his eyes. It seems like he cried alot and didn't sleep well last night. I feel sad for him it pained to see him in such condition.

"I want to talk to you.", Raj said while looking at the ground.

I nodded my head in approval even I also want to talk to him I want to know what is going in his mind.

We went to the park which is close to my house in Raj's car both of us remained silent during the entire car journey.

Inside the park there is a lake in the middle which is full of many beautiful and colourful fishes. I remember when I was a kid I use to come here to play with my Paa.

We both sat down on an empty bench. Because it's day time so, crowd inside the park is not too much only few couples are there.

Raj is sitting on my left side. I don't know how to start the conversation? I remember the day when he came to my house for the first time that day also the situation was kind off similar to this situation but that day I was excited and today I am worried.

"So, what you want to talk about?", I asked him while turning my head towards his side.

He also turned his head we both had an eye contact. His eyes are filled with many emotions like sadness, anger and tiredness. I want to console him I want to hold his hand and tell him don't worry Raj everything is going to be fine I am with you but I don't know how he will react? To suppress my feelings I break the eye contact and put my head straight.

"I am sorry Karuna for my parents behaviour. I don't know why they tried to pull you in my situation? You don't have to do anything and don't worry about Karan and Riya I promise you that they will get married.", He said.

"What about you?", I asked him.

"I am fine Karuna. I don't want to ruin someone's life because of that business which is not even mine.", He replied sarcastically.

"But Raj you have put your lot's of effort to make that business successful how can you let it go so easily?", I said.

"No Karuna. I will still be an employee there and I am happy with that. It's my uncle's business, it's his decision and I respect his decision.", He said casually.

"Then why don't you get married?", I asked.

I know the answer of my question but still I want to listen it from him. He thinks that his uncle's decision is to make him an employee of the company but he will have to understand that his uncle wants him to get married that's why he wrote such will.

"It's my personal choice.", He answered me irritatedly.

"No Raj it's not and you also know that.", I backfired him.

Raj looked at me confusedly and said,

"Don't interfere Karuna. It's not your business."

How can someone be so stubborn? I think it's time to talk straight because he is not going to accept it.

"I should not interfere seriously Raj? You all made me interfere on all these and now you are saying that it's not my business. I know everything Raj.", I finally said.