8. Sacrifice of 3 Years

When things go
wrong
Be the person
Who stays
strong.

‡--★★-★-★-★-★-★-★-★-★-★-★--‡

Karuna Pov

As I entered into the house, I saw that the entire Tandel family were sitting there except Raj.

Where is he?

I greeted them all by saying "Namaste" and as per hindu culture, I touched the feet of Mr. and Mrs. Tandel respectfully.

They kept their palms over my head simultaneously and graced me with their auspicious blessings.

I don't know why? But the situation seems quite awkward to me so, I excused myself.

I came all the way up to my room in order to freshen up and also to change this uncomfortable uniform.

I switched into a simple red colour kurti and paired it with white colour leggings.

When I was almost ready to go downstairs, Mrs. Tandel entered into my room.

Strange! What is she doing here in my room?

I thought that she would never want to see my face ever again because she was the one who seemed very hurt because of the unsuccessful alliance between me and her son.

But right now she is here in my room standing in front of me and smiling. Weird!

"I hope! I didn't disturb you Karuna?", She enquired.

"Oh no no Aunty not at all, please come sit down.", I welcomed her as politely as I could and gestured her to sit down on the bed.

"You might be wondering, What am I doing here instead of being downstairs with everyone, ain't you?", She said.

I just looked at her in confusion and sheepish smile.

Although I wanted to say 'yes' but did otherwise and stayed quite.

"Karuna listen to me very carefully because whatever I am going to tell you now, it's very important and might change your life.", She said in a serious tone.

What is she going to tell me that has the tendency to change my life?

Now I am even more curious and confused as well.

"I am listening aunty.", I assured her.

"You know why are we here?", She enquired.

"I think for Riya and Karan!", I replied doubtfully.

"Yes, you are right but there is one more and very important reason behind our arrival."

I squeezed my eyebrows and looked at her confusedly.

"One more reason!", I asked being puzzled.

"Listen Karuna I don't have any problem with Karan's and Riya's relationship even Riya also likes him but I want something from you."

"From me?", I enquired.

As far as long she is pursuing this conversation I am getting more and more confused. Why can't she spill everything clearly instead of going round and round.

"Yes, Sacrifice of 3 years."

"What do you mean by the sacrifice of 3 years?", I blurted out nonplussed.

"You will have to do the contract marriage with my son, for three years."

"What! But how is this possible? You very well know that your son is not interested in women, he is Gay. Still, you are forcing him to marry a girl and now you are doing the same thing with me also.", I bashed out on her angrily.