36. Absence

Being nice to someone you don't like doesn't mean you are fake.
It means you are mature enough to tolerate your dislike towards that person.

_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

After our engagement, preparations for mine and Raj's wedding begins which means shopping, shopping and lots of shopping and I don't like shopping but Riya and Kareena are shopoholic and they just love to shop.

The whole day Riya, Kareena, Mamma, Maa and me, kept on roaming around the streets of the market and went from one shop to the another to buy sarees, Kurtis, bangles, slippers and many more things.

While all the boys are busy on taking care of other responsibilities like booking Venue for the wedding, booking catering services, booking decorators, etc.

Now all of us means we ladies are sitting inside a huge showroom of sarees and selecting sarees for each one of us.

It's been past two hours since we entered this showroom and everyone except me are still looking energetic and I am getting super bore.

Suddenly my phone started ringing, I thought may be it's Raj and excitedly checked the caller ID but sadly it's not Raj. The call is from some unknown number.

Since that call girl incident whenever I get a call from an unknown numbers I become worried and feels like not receiving the call. Right now also I am feeling the same.

Keeping aside all my worries I finally picked up the call and answered,

"Hello!"

I didn't get any response in return so once again I said,

"Hello!" This time a little bit louder.

Still no response. So, I cut the call and once again started concentrating on the shopping.

After few minutes again my phone started ringing and the call is from same unknown number.

Sulkingly I picked up the call and said,

"Hello!"

Like before this time also no one replied.

"Mam may be there is a network issue because network connectivity inside our showroom is not very much strong.", Said one of the sales girl.

But before I could decide to go out of the showroom the call got disconnected.

After ten minutes once again my phone started ringing and again it's the same number. Who wants to talk with me so desperately?

Without wasting any second I move out of the showroom and picked up the call.

"Hello!", I said.

As usual there is no response from the other side.

Suddenly a hand using handkerchief blocked my mouth and nose from behind and encircled an arm around my neck.

I tried to remove the hand from my mouth but the more I tried the grip tightened around my neck and because of that I felt difficulty in breathing properly.

I felt my breath count getting shorter and I'm unable to breathe properly the whole world around me started rotating round and round and slowly the darkness filled around me.
_______________________________________

Riya pov

When I woke up today I was very excited because today we are going for shopping. I just love shopping. I can do whole day shopping and that to without complaining and getting tired.