20. Kareena

Truth is like a surgery,
It hurts but cures.
Lie is like a pain killer,
It gives instant relief but
has side effects forever.

_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

Maa grabbed my hand for support and get up from the floor. I made her sat down on the couch.

I sat down beside her. I wanted to ask many things like Who is Kareena? What they are hiding from us? What's the dark secret? But after watching Maa's condition I decide to do it later because right now she needs rest.

"Let's go to your room Maa you need rest.", I said worriedly.

She shook her head in denial and looked at Paa.

"I don't need any rest. Kailash I think it's the correct time when you should tell them everything.", She said to paa.

Paa nodded his head in approval and sat down on the couch opposite us followed by the Karan who sat beside him.

Rani is still standing holding gun on her right hand. I wish she don't use that gun on anyone of us.

Paa gestured her to sit down on the couch. Initially she hesitated to accept my father's offer and stayed on her place for few seconds while looking at us doubtfully as if she is thinking that she should sit or not? But after few seconds she sat down on the single seater couch.

She kept the gun on the tea table and I sighed in relief. Now the gun seems less scary than before.

Paa smiled sadly and began with whatever he wanted to say.

"It all happened twenty two years ago."

"You were only three years old.", He said pointing at me.

"And you were not even born.", He said looking at Karan.

After that he looked at Rani and said,

"That time you were only one years old Kareena."

"I am not Kareena. I am Rani.", She said angrily.

Paa became sad after hearing her response while I tried to process and understand whatever paa is trying to say.

"As you all know I am a businessman. So, twenty two year ago when everything was going fine. Suddenly one day I faced a huge loss in my business.

To manage that loss and recover my business I spent all my savings but still I was not successful.

I needed some more money for success but all my savings were finished. I had no idea What to do? How to arrange money? I was very much tensed.

Then one of my friend informed me about Ranga. Ranga is a money lender. He use to lend his money to those who need it but he has some conditions.

First, you have to return all his money with interest on time.

Second, If you fail to return the amount on time? then Ranga can take anything whatever he wants on behalf of his money.

I urgently required some money to save my business. So, I accepted his conditions and borrowed two millions from him.

He gave me 6 months time to return back those money.

I was confident that I can return the whole amount on time.

But it didn't happened the way I had thought. My business did get success after investing those money but the rate of profit was very low.

I tried very hard to arrange those money within six months duration but I was able to collect only half of the loan amount. So, I thought to request Ranga for some more time.

When the day came to return those money. Ranga along with his two bodyguards came and when he got to know that I don't have the whole amount he reminded me his second condition and took my younger daughter Kareena with him.", Paa said while tears were continuously coming out of his eyes.

"What!", I and Karan said shockingly.

Kareena is his younger daughter which means Rani is my younger sister?

"We tried very hard to stop him. We even tried to file police complaint against him as he had kidnapped our daughter but Ranga is a very powerful man.", Maa Said.

"We were not ready to give up so easily we went to many police stations for filing complaint against him in the hope that at least one inspector will listen to us but not a single inspector was ready to go against Ranga.", Said Paa.

"And then one day one of his man came to our house and threatened us that if we didn't stop bothering Ranga then he will also take our another daughter with him and we won't be able to do anything instead of watching everything.", Said Maa while sobbing.

"To protect my one daughter from that monster I had to give up on my other daughter. I wasn't left with any choice.", Paa said while crying loudly.

Maa also started crying her heart out and then I noticed that all of us have tears in our eyes even Rani also have tears in her eyes.

"I had never thought that I will ever be able to see you again beta.", Maa said to Rani.

"Please forgive us.", Paa said while joining both of his palms together.

I stood up from my seat and sat down on the floor Infront of Paa. Whatever they did it was all to save me from that monster.

"I should be the one saying sorry Paa not you whatever you both did that time you did to save me.", I consoled them.

I get up and went towards Rani. I kneeled down Infront of her she was also crying silently.

"Please forgive them Rani I know my parents they love all their children very much. You can ask Karan he will also tell you the same thing. I can assure you that whatever they did it was all because they were forced to do.", I tried to convince her.

"Ranga always use to tell me that my parents had sold me in return of some money.", Rani said hoarsely.

"No, it's not true. He took you forcefully from us we never sold you to him.", Said Maa.

"But how did you find out that we are your family? Did Ranga informed you? As far as I know him he will never do that. I tried so hard to keep a track on his actions and find out some clue about you but he is not an easy man to deal with.", Paa said.

"No he never told me anything about my parents except that they sold me to him.", She answered.

"Then how did you get to know about us?", I asked her while getting up from the floor and sat down on the couch.
_______________________________________

✴️What's your opinion about the entire chapter?
_______________________________________

Don't forget to:-

❇️Vote

❇️Comment

❇️Share

(Your opinion means a lot to me)

_______________________________________