28. Mamma

We live in a world of disposal things, but you are not one of them. You are irreplaceable, one of a kind, and there will never be another you. You are not disposable. Do not let anyone tell you differently.

_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

I get up from the bed and went towards my closet.

'What should I wear today?', I said to myself while searching something descent to wear.

After few seconds of searching and thinking I finally decided to wear a dark green colour kurti and paired it with cream coloured leggings.

I gave myself a final look in the mirror and applied some lip balm on my lips.

The moment I was going to leave my room to join everyone downstairs I remembered Sunita aunty (Raj's mother) has told me that she will come back again to have some talk with me. I don't know what she wants to talk? I think I should wait for her.

I again sat down on the bed and started scrolling Facebook for passing my time.

After five minutes I heard footsteps coming towards my room. I stood up and started going towards the door to see who is coming? But before I reached up to the door Raj's mother came inside my room.

She gave me her one of the sweetest smile and hugged me instantly. I am taken aback by her action.

"Thank you so much Karuna, thank you so much for accepting our proposal you don't know how much happy I am.", She said while breaking the hug.

I smiled and lowered my head shyly.

"I talked to Sunil about the contract papers it will be ready by tomorrow.", She said.

I instantly lifted up my head and watched her confusedly. She is still thinking that me and Raj is going to do contract marriage?

"Aunty now there is no need to prepare any contract papers.", I said while trying to clear her misunderstanding.

Initially she became confused then her expression turned into shock.

"Please don't do this Karuna. I don't know what you and Raj were talking before I came to your room but if he insisted you to deny once again then please don't do this. I will talk to him. I will make him understand.", She begged me worriedly.

After listening her worries I kept my hand on her shoulders and squeezed them lightly.

"Aunty, me and Raj, we are not getting married on the basis of any contract. We genuinely wants to get marry and spend rest of our future with each other.", I assured her.

She eyed me suspiciously and raised  her eyebrows questioningly as if she is asking me that whatever I said is true?

I nodded my head in approval and said,

"Yes aunty."

She smiled brightly and her eyes got filled with happy tears.

"I can't express how happy I am for you and Raj.", She said while wiping her tears.

"Finally, my son used his brain correctly and made some correct choices.", She said teasingly.

I giggled and she also joined me.

Suddenly Raj came there and said,

"May I know the reason of your laughter? So that I can also join you both."

Me and Sunita aunty started laughing even more harder because he himself is the reason of our laughing.

"Hey! What happened? I didn't cracked any joke that you both started laughing even harder.", He enquired and eyed us suspiciously.